Friday, March 22, 2013

Playing in Paradise #109 - Banners!

Hurray for Friday! The wind is blowing again and we've got more snow to contend with - I'm sure the kids are dreaming of another snow day to finish off their week. I'm not entirely sure that *I* am ;)
Linda is our lovely hostess at Playing in Paradise this week, and she's challenging us to use banners on our projects:

I had about 50 bajillion ideas, and finally decided I had to crack open my new Echo Park Birthday Boy collection and play:

Supplies: all links to the Scrapbooker's Paradise online store:  paper and stickers from Echo Park; Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder; Cuttlebug machine; solid red twine

I punched small holes (1/8") in the embossed card stock so that I could tie the twine & have it drape naturally, and then adhered the banner stickers with some foam tape. Pretty straightforward!

This challenge will be open until next Thursday, March 28th.  To add your NEW project to the linky & see what the rest of  the team has created, click on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog, and check out the DT on their blogs too:

xoxo,
Jessi




19 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so sweet! Love your design! Wishing you a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

~Tammy~ said...

Oh I love how bright and fun this is and I just love the white embossed background and how it pops off the pretty background!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely bright card to cheer you up during the snowy days, Jessi!

fairyrocks said...

Thanks Jessi, this is so happy with the bright colors popped off of the white. Keep smiling and creating.

Emily Leiphart said...

Any card using EP is a winner! I love these fab colours and that fun banner, Jessi!

Lisa Arana said...

this is just the happiest card ever!!! I love the colors and patterns. fabulously fun card Jessi!

Emily Keaton said...

So bright and happy, Jessi! I love this collection – I have it in digital form. It's fun! I hope the snow isn't too bad ;-)

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Jessi, I love the fun bright colours.

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Love the bright colours.

Lindsey said...

What a fun, bright card, Jessi -- sunnier than this March day! :D

jimlynn said...

Perfection plus! Love the banners and those happy colors! Great use of the embossing folder too.
A perfect card!
Lynn

Unknown said...

awesome! i love the bright colors...the embossed card base is perfectly subtle too

Greta said...

What an adorable card! Love it--bright & cheery!

Dawn said...

Your card is so fun and cheery. I love the bright colours; they just pop off the white.

Hugs, Dawn

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous bright card,

Linda Pekrul said...

Wonderful, happy card Jessi! I love it!

lostinpaper said...

ooooh, you know how I adore bright colours and this is a total winner, LoVe it Jessi!

Jenny said...

You can't go wrong with bunting in bright colours..... Love this card Jessi :0)
Jenny x

Jen W. said...

Love the bold bright colors and the perfectly draped banners!