Sunday, October 30, 2011

Get Well Soon

Supplies: Papers from Basic Grey "Indie Bloom;"
rub-on greeting from Kaisercraft;
Labels 4 Nesties; quilling by me


It's that time of year - lots of colds & germs going around. Hard to capture the colours in this card - the reds of the quilled & fringed flowers match, although the fringed ones look brighter. After adding the rub-on sentiment I doodled around the label die cut to bring in a little more black - and boy, doodling around already-adhered quilling is tricky!

I am really loving this "Indie Bloom" pad by Basic Grey - I haven't moved it from the top of my desk since I got it about a month ago. It's not often that I buy more than one of the same patterned paper pad, but I think this one might have to hop into my shopping cart again. I'm loving the colours & patterns.

xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Jessi, what a beautiful card, love your quilled flowers so pretty and you are right that PP is stunning. I have a favourite paper pad by Prima called Botanical and like you I might have to buy a second pad I love it so much!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is gorgeous, Jessi! As always, your quilling amazes me. Such an intricate design--and way to go on doodling around everything! That patterned paper is sooooooooooooooooo pretty. I don't recall seeing the BG Indie Bloom collection before. Gonna hafta go check that out!!

Now get out there and avoid all those icky germs!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Jessi, I love it when you quill. This card is just stunning and would put a smile on the face of anyone! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend with cancer. :(

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean when you say you 'need' a 2nd paper pad, I'm having the same problem with Echo Park's Happy Days!
These quilled flowers are stunning and this card has such an amazing depth of colours. You really are super clever!

lisa arana said...

Your quilling is amazing. And such rich beautiful colors.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

OhMy you quilled flowers are FABULOUS and so is the card - WONDERFUL!!!

Jen W. said...

I love how you framed the quilling in the Nestie and let it be the star of the show! And that Indie Bloom paper is rather fabulous...

Theresa said...

Hi Jessi - your card is GORGEOUS!! Definitely love the DP, but your quilling is AW-MAZING!! I hope to get well soon. Fabulous card my friend.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Jessi!

This is sooo pretty!! Love the flowers you created and they really do go well with the background paper! Hope you had a lovely Halloween! We don't celebrate it here, but I saw many fun photos from my US friends. Did you dress up? I'm curious as what!

Have a lovely day!
Hugs, Wendy

Jocelyn Olson said...

I didn't buy the Indie Bloom pad (just a few 12x12s), but you're inspiring me to buy it! I love how it looks on your awesome card. You are the quilling master, my friend!!