Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thankful for this....

It's not hard to find things to be grateful for, but it is a little hard to put it into words & pictures. Today I want to express my thanks for my creative outlet. My thanks for the folks who are crazy enough to read my blog (weirdos!), and the customers who reward me for loving what I do. And for not picking on my grammar. 


Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Indie Bloom;"
gem flourishes from the $store, coloured with Sharpie;
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink;
stamps from Inkadinkado, Kaisercraft, Autumn Leaves;
flowers quilled by me
 For eight years this coming weekend, I've spent almost every single Saturday as a vendor at Sackville's Farmer's Market. When I started going, it took no time at all to feel like a part of the family. Sackville is a wonderful & welcoming community, and I look forward to seeing the familiar faces every week, and meeting new ones as the students arrive each autumn.
The best little farmer's market around!
We just recently founded a Facebook group for the farmer's market if you'd like to take a peek or join - it's open to everyone.

Not to taunt the Abby lovers out there, but it's so rainy and miserable here today with the tail end of Hurricane Ophelia that we had to go out & buy her a raincoat. It's pink. Just wait until I get some pictures...

xoxo,
Jessi

6 comments:

Jen W. said...

Love the mixture of quilled and paper flowers and the warm, rich colours. And the Farmer's Market sounds great! I took part in one a few years back and loved it. :)

walchowDesign said...

Happy to join this weirdo group, Jessi! Beautiful card with all the flowers and the flourishes!

Meg said...

Gorgeous autumn card, Jessi.

Wow...EVERY Saturday? Now that takes some dedication. No wonder you craft so many cards each week!

I'm pretty sure I cannot live another day without seeing Abby in her pink raincoat.

lisa arana said...

beautiful card, love the mix of flowers.

Emily Keaton said...

Jessi, this card is beautiful!! Your quilling is astounding. I know how you feel about wanting to express thanks for your creative outlet. Me, too! And, hey, are you calling me a weirdo???

Emily Leiphart said...

What a beautiful fall card! I love that the farmers' market sign inspired the colours. Thank YOU, Jessi, for being so creative and sweet!!