Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Shopping our Stash #222 - Birthday!


We've got an 'oldest supply' challenge for you at Shopping our Stash this week - we want you to dig out your oldest birthday stash, use it, and tell us about it!

Now, to be 100% honest, I may have older birthday stamps somewhere in the basement, but I had no intention of mounting that kind of search (mounting! stamps! not enough coffee yet! lol). This adorable stamp is definitely the oldest stamp I have in my crafty space. Even washing it with the trusty dish soap won't restore this baby's cling mount. I gave it a new twist by watercolouring it:


Supplies: flying piggy stamp from The Greeting Farm; Palette Noir ink; Distress inks for watercolouring; sentiment from Stamplorations; Paper Smooches cloud dies

I hadn't used this guy in a while because I was really out of ideas to make him different - but I love how this turned out! 

So what's your oldest birthday schtuff??



xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is so adorable, love how you water coloured it up. Fab. job on the challenge.

lauren bergold said...

i ♥LOVE♥ this card. full-on, totally, daniel craig inna tiny blue swimsuit looooove. yowza. way to make older stuff look brand new & completely AWESOME!

Donna said...

ACK!! That wee piggy is totes adorbs! And of course I love those clouds!! Fab job sistah!

Leslie Hanna said...

He is so cute! Love the water colored background, too.

PS: Did you ever stop to think how "dirty" stamping is? And not in the inky sense. We mount stamps, we huff on inked stamps, and I know there are more, but my sleep-deprived brain refuses to cough them up. I'll be back if I ever think of them.

Lindsey said...

Leslie may have just grossed me out a little. :D
This is so cute! Love the watercoloring. I don't even know which of my stamps might be my oldest...

lostinpaper said...

Totally fun and totally awesome Jessi!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Jessi - I love it, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

That is such an adorable piggy stamp! Love the water colored background and your wonky panels! Fantabulous card!