Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Shopping our Stash #223 - I Can See Clearly

I'm not going to link the video but I *am* going to say woohoo earworm! 

We want to see you use acetate this week at Shopping our Stash - make a clear card, a shaker card, use those hoarded acetate die cuts (don't try to hide it, we all have them! lol)

I found some ancient Halloween-themed confetti in my stash - and realized why I'd become disenchanted with shaker cards. Sequins and beads will actually SHAKE, this confetti becomes a static monster. Oh well, it's Halloween, sposed-ta be monsters about.


Supplies: Doodlebug paper, and a ridiculous amount of stash! 

Next time I'll try throwing some sequins in as well & see if it helps!

Can you see clearly now the rain is gone? Check out what we made!




xoxo,
Jessi


9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Ack! Ear worm! And yeah, the old confetti stuff was never made to live under acetate. I think it's more for scattering over a tablecloth. Nice try, though!

Barbara Godden said...

Ah that's why my snowflakes didn't shake when I used them. Yes I sing the theme everytime I see it. Anyway awesome card I love it.

Chris Dring said...

Yep. Been there, done that. (static-y confetti, that is) I even go over the back panel AND the acetate with my anti-static bag, but those little buggers STILL stick! This card, though, is all kinds of Halloween shaker card goodness! I love it!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh Jessi...such a super fun card...such unique shaker elements I can spy
Cheers
Dr Sonia

lostinpaper said...

Great fun shaky things inside, love it Jessi!

Lindsey said...

I need a new ear worm... I've had the same one stuck for a couple of weeks now. On the other hand, I don't want yours replacing it. :D
This is so much fun! The confetti is perfect, even if it is a staticky pain.

lauren bergold said...

love, love, loveeeeee your super fun halloween shaker card! ♥

fairyrocks said...

You are so Clever. this is the BOOOOMB! Keep smiling and creating

Donna said...

Can you make a video tutorial for your shaker card challenged friends (ME!!!)
Thanks for the earworm...I knew someone would go there...glad it was you and not me, I've been singing it for a week now LOL