Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Shopping our Stash #225 - Go Paperless!


Wellllll only sort of. At Shopping our Stash we want to see you go PATTERNED paperless. Paperless entirely would be just....no. *shudder*

This was a super easy challenge for me, since I've become addicted to Becca's distress ink dipping technique.  To get some subtle shimmer I've been using pearl glimmer mist AND water for spritzing - if you just use glimmer mist it's a little too much (I know, too much sparkle doesn't seem like a thing).


Supplies: Stamps from Neat & Tangled; Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die; Worn Lipstick, Seedless Preserves, and Mowed Lawn distress inks; homemade pearl glimmer mist; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; May Arts twine; doily, feather, fabric, button from stash


Of course sparkly :) The background has shimmer too but you'll just hafta trust me on that one. The green feather was in my drawer of 'hmmm...might be useful' things, and the purple fabric is a piece of organza that I frayed & then melted with the heat gun. Organza ribbon will melt the same way as long as you take the edges off if you want to give this a whirl. 

SO will you make your own background or go utterly CAS? What did the DT come up with?



9 comments:

lostinpaper said...

AWEsome Jessi!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love the inky background technique. I just don't do it much. Perhaps I should. You can make your own shiny spray with water and a bit of Perfect Pearl powder. Mix em up in a mini mister and you are all set! And YOU control the amount of shiny.

And YAY for using the Hmmm... feather. Also, if I tried to melt ribbon I'd start a fire.

Donna said...

Gorgeous! Love the background, the doily, the pretty sparkle!

Barbara Godden said...

This is gorgeous, I can see some shiny bits, great use of the feather too.

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card..

*Vicki* said...

Wowza!! This card is stunning!! I love the combination of colors and how you've used them on your design here!! :) Love how you've shown the shimmer on the bird too!! You've made my heart sing today lady!!

Lindsey said...

Pretty, pretty, shimmery. :) Beautiful colours, too!

lauren bergold said...

holy ♥WOW♥ that's fab!!!!!! love, love, love! (& yes, i've always wanted to try the organza thing but i'm slightly worried i will burn the house down; and jeff is like... TOTALLY WORRIED i'll burn the house down, lol!) :0

Chris Dring said...

Another pretty card, and whaaa? Too much shimmer? Never!