Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thank Goodness for Helmets!

This morning on the ride to school, Connor flipped over his handlebars. He slammed the brakes on at the last second, and the whole bike went over. Luckily, because he was wearing a helmet, the only injuries are to his knee, elbow, and scraped palms. I already knew helmets were life-savers, but I could definitely have done without seeing one in action. I was only about 15 feet behind him, and it was horrifying to watch. What a trooper, though - both kids carry first aid kits in their bookbags, so we hunkered down & took care of the bloody bits right then, and then carried on to school.

It's time to run & pick them up now, so here's a card & I've got to run - and get my helmet on!

Supplies: Robot card, border strips from Bella Blvd;
orange & white polka dots paper from Imaginisce; googly eyes from the dollar store;
Happy Birthday sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas, stamped in Palette Noir
xoxo
Jessi

No comments: