Friday, March 15, 2013

Playing in Paradise #108 - What's Your Favourite?

Good morning! Seriously, what could be more fun than using your favourite things on a project? It's your choice - favourite colour, technique, embellishments, and so on. That's what Dawn wants us to do for this week's Playing in Paradise challenge!

I have so many favourites that I really just went a little nutty...and once again ended up with a different card than I'd envisioned:

Supplies: papers from Pink Paislee; stamp from Stampabilities (from sweet JJ!); Faded Jeans distress ink; Versamark; white & clear embossing powder from Stampendous; vintage buttons; pearl strips from Dollarama

Some of my favourites used here - BUTTONS! of course, patterned paper, pearls, embossing, Distress ink. 

I love the shine on these buttons!


This challenge will be open until next Thursday, March 21st.  To add your NEW project to the linky & see what the rest of  the team has created, click on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog, and check out the DT on their blogs too:

Don't forget to pop over & enter my blog candy draw :)

xoxo,
Jessi


19 comments:

~amy~ said...

buttons and pearls...perfect!

fairyrocks said...

Love the blue and white pallet, and the fact that you love the buttons too. My Magpie Eye is always up for a bag of buttons. Thank you for all you do Jessi.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful blue card Jessi! Love the rows of buttons and pearls, and the white embossed image is really pretty! And thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, I appreciate it very much. hugs.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Jessi, I love the soft colours and pretty images. The buttons and pearls are fantastic.

Annette Allen said...

aww how pretty..i love the flowers and the added pearls and buttons..just lovely..

did you get your box yet?

Linda Pekrul said...

So, so PRETTY! Love the embossing... and then there's the border of buttons and pearls .... WOW! Love!

Dawn said...

I just knew your card would have some beautiful buttons on it! lol Your card is gorgeous; I love how the embossing turned out.

Hugs, Dawn

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the colors you chose. So understated yet so lovely!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous! I love the combination of embossing, buttons and pearls.

Emily Keaton said...

This card is button-licious, Jessi! You definitely have a way with buttons, my friend :) Great choice for this challenge!

Lindsey said...

Beautifull card, Jessi! So pretty and feminine in blue. This challenge has me thinking... :D

Unknown said...

so pretty!!! i love your button addiction...;) great design and awesome combination of accents. fabulous!

lostinpaper said...

LOVE the embossing on DP and the rows of buttons and pearls are too sweet!

Marie said...

Wow Jessi this is so fabulous! Love the LO, color combo and the buttons.

~Tammy~ said...

i have too many favorites! Buttons, colors (pinks aqua, yellows), doilies! The list could go on for days!

Chris Dring said...

Wow Jessi! Your card is soooo pretty! (and oh so girly!) Love the rows of pearls and buttons!

JJ Bolton said...

This card is totally YOU! The buttons and patterned paper just scream Jessi:) I love the idea of embossing on patterned paper. Such a cool effect!

Cheryl said...

Love how you used the clear buttons with the pearls. Who knew buttons could look elegant? :)

Jen W. said...

I really love how those flowers look stamped on the patterned paper! The buttons and pearls are the perfect compliment.