Sunday, March 3, 2013

Viva la Vellum (with Little Red Wagon)!

It ended up containing less vellum than I was intending when I started making this card for the little red wagon challenge, but I really really love how this card turned out! Not only did I use some goodies from JJ, but I also channeled her while I was attaching the vellum sentiment :)


Supplies: Stampabilities textured flower square stamp (from JJ!); Hero Arts sentiment; Webster's Pages trim (cut in half); Versamark & white EP; designer paper from Barb; vellum from HOTP


I won't walk you through the entire design process since it's pretty garbled, but after embossing the sentiment onto the vellum I trimmed the vellum piece to be more or less straight, and about 1" longer than the base piece of designer paper. It's wrapped around and secured on the back with tape. 

I really REALLY wanted to use this piece of lace underneath the sentiment, but it wasn't wide enough to still show up. It had a woven bit in the centre, so I cut carefully along the edges of that & then adhered along the edges of the vellum piece, also wrapping around to the back & taping. 

The little red wagon Viva La Vellum challenge is open until Monday night. 

xoxo,
Jessi




9 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the white embossing on the vellum--so soft and pretty!
Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

Darnell said...

Wow, this was a lot of work, Jessi, and it shows! I love all the many incredible details of your card, especially the lace surrounding the awesome sediment!!

Lindsey said...

I like that flower stamp, and it looks awesome in white on the pale patterned paper! I think the trim is much more effective this way than if it had been tucked behind the vellum.

lostinpaper said...

I've just been playing with vellum again, isn't it wonderful. Love how you have added your sentiment.

Unknown said...

this is so lovely...that green is fabulous. great take on the challenge girliecakes!

Jen W. said...

Those flowers look fabulous embossed in white and I love how you framed the vellum with the ribbon!

~Tammy~ said...

I so want that lacy lace on your card. It looks like starfish! Me loves anything ocean inspired! It's so unique and beautiful! So is your gorgeous card!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely and delicate card, Jessi! Beautiful embossing on the vellum and it looks great with bg pp! I am glad that you used the lace - it's so pretty!

Nance said...

Very pretty all over. Love those embossed stamped squares and I see why you wanted to use that lace! Gorgeous!