Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sticky & Sweet at Jingle Belles!

Stickers? Twist my arm, gals :) I love using stickers on cards - they are especially handy when in a time crunch. I've already made two and started a third card for this Sticky & Sweet jingle belles challenge, and since it's open until next Wednesday the 13th, I may yet get another blog post up. Here are the two I've done so far:

Supplies: paper & sticker from Bo Bunny; Labels 5 Nestie; white cardstock; foam tape

Using a sticker & paper from the same product line? Makes all sorts of sense. They are MADE to match :)

Supplies: Stickers and paper from My Mind's Eye; Wilton doily; Dollarama pearl strip; foam tape

I pretty well NEVER buy dimensional stickers, because they are so expensive - and so easy to create dimension on your own with layering & foam tape. There are 3 separate stickers on this card - the 'carte postale' which is just peeking out at the top, then 'rejoice' (which I fussy-cut around to fit the width of my card), and 'tis the season. The latter two are popped up on foam tape, and then the pearl STICKER strip (aha!) is stuck directly to the sticker. 

I normally mix & match brands, but apparently this morning I'm in a matchy-matchy mood. Go figure :P Anyhow, you have some time to play along over at jingle belles - although maybe I shouldn't encourage you TOO strongly, because there is an awfully sweet & sticky prize up for grabs...just sayin'!

xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Both cards are awesome, but the second one is really over-the-top fabulous ... the way you layered your elements really adds such visual interest ... so very glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

Annette Allen said...

Both cards are so pretty... I have to say that the second one is my favorite.. love the colors and those added pearls...so pretty

package is on it's way..woohoo

Kim M said...

Great cards! I especially lik the second one. Nice to find another New Brunswicker out in blog land! Look forward to seeing more of your creations. :-)

walchowDesign said...

Good idea to start preparing for the christmas cards already, Jessi! Two great cards but love the second one - because of it's femininity style.

Had to laugh at your "encourangement" to play at the jingles!

jimlynn said...

Two perfect Christmas cards! Love the pearls on that second on and the doily! SO pretty!
The first card is CAS and fabulous! Love the Christmas colors!
Lynn

Debbie said...

Really cute cards!! I started out my paper crafting using ALL stickers, then I got my Cricut and thought stickers were evil. LOL I really should dig them out and put them to good use.

Lindsey said...

Don't worry about me... I'm not in the right frame of mind to make Christmas cards in March! :P I like how these two cards are quite different, yet equally awesome.

lostinpaper said...

Merry Christmas... well nearly lol. Looks like you're going to be ready this year, lovin' that line up of pearls!

Dawn said...

The first one is really fun and I love the shabby/vintage feel to the second one. Gorgeous design.

Hugs, Dawn

~Tammy~ said...

I love that both cards are totally different style! I love that in an artist! The first one is fun and the second more vintage and both totally rock!!!

Chris Dring said...

Your making Christmas cards already? Shut the front door! Both cards are fabulous Jessi!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooh! these are BOTH awesome which makes this easily twice-as-nice, maybe more! love BOTH of them, but the second one, with the layered MME just soooo totally rocks my world. and not ONLY b/c i have that sticker sheet and am now planning to totally flat-out "pay tribute to" (by which, of course, i mean STEAL, lol!) your brilliant idea. tho i will of course. maybe more than once. just sayin'!!! ultimate papercrafters' compliment, eh??!?! LOVE these, missus! ♥♥♥

Nance said...

Pretty cards and so different --- one contemporary and one more shabby chic. Nice! I've bombed on doing the year long Xmas challenges so far. Just not feeling it yet. Maybe soon.

Unknown said...

I love these. CAS and awesome cards. I don't buy many stickers either, but sometimes they're pretty hard to resist! lol I hope you win the sticky sweet prize ;)

Jen W. said...

Nice sticker layering! Who needs to buy 3D stickers when you can rock regular ones like this!

Lisa said...

Great layering and mixing of products. Looks great. So simple but so stylish.