Monday, April 20, 2015

CSSC #3 - Happy Mother's Day!

It took me a while to get my idea in gear for this sketch!


Supplies: unknown stamps & stencil; buttons from stash; Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Broken China

I began by cutting a circle from a piece of copy paper to use as a reverse mask to sponge the blue circle, then stamped the sentiments & banner, and then stenciled the hearts and sponged the edges of the panel. The final step was binge-watching season 6 of Sons of Anarchy & sewing on the buttons (and yes, I have a few stitching cards to share coming up because of that, lol)




xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

You have so much patience for the sewing! Thanks for playing my CSSC!

walchowDesign said...

What a great way to do some sewing while catching up with some movies. Great monochromatic card and lovely stenciling, Jessi!

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous take on the sketch my dear!! Love the blues and those framed buttons too!! :)

lostinpaper said...

Such a clever idea to sponge the circle, another fab card Jessi!

Lindsey said...

You are definitely on a Mother's Day card roll! Love this in the blues.

Carol L said...

I really really like this card! The sentiment panel is awesome, and oh my - all those pretty blue buttons!!!!

Greta said...

LOVE how you used the sketch, Jessi! This is fabulous!

Dana said...

Great take on the sketch!! I love your button circle and the blue color scheme!!