Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Shopping our Stash #199 - Opposite Day!


This week at Shopping our Stash we have a challenge that I found quite difficult - create something outside your usual style. Ack! We all have our comfort zones - and they are comfortable. We like it there. After dithering around for a while I decided the least-like-me thing to do would be to create a clean and graphic card. No splashes of colour. No embellishments. (yes, I'm feeling itchy thinking about it again). 


Supplies: stamps from PTI; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; black Sharpie for border

I masked off the sentiment frame to stamp the circles & splotches - but this is quite probably the simplest design I've ever made. I so admire those that comfortably and flawlessly execute CAS cards but usually that's not me ;)

So what kind of opposite day projects do my teammates have to share? Check out the SOS crew: 


And you have until Monday,May 4th to come play!
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, nicely done! And if you go back and add a spot of color, I'll never tell. :)

Donna said...

No colour or embellishments....ACK...now I am feeing itchy too!!!
Fab take on the challenge!!

lauren bergold said...

holy wow you've done ALL the hard things: CAS, one layer, black & white... definitely itch-making but WOW, what a great job!!! :)

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful job, Jessi! I'm beginning to wonder if the idea of making a CAS or Fru Fru card isn't what made me sick! :D) You should do more CAS!
Hugz,
Chana

*Vicki* said...

This is such a way cool design!! I really love this style and you've done it well! :)

lostinpaper said...

Great graphic CAS design Jessi!

Lindsey said...

(And no buttons! :D)
It may be outside your usual style, but it is an awesome card! Nice masking work, too.

Darnell said...

As a CASologist (hee hee, just made that up!), I award you high tens for your wonderful card, Jessi!! Way to rock the opposite inspiration (and even live to tell about it)!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

walchowDesign said...

It's never easy to go out of your comfort zone but I love your CAS look, Jessi!

Greta said...

Well--you'd never know CAS isn't your usual style! Great card, Jessi!

Dana said...

Awesome! So CAS! You rocked it!!