Monday, April 20, 2015

Recycling!

Jingle Belles & Open-Minded Crafting Fun are both hosting recycling challenges this fortnight, so I combined the two & made this:


Supplies: flair from American Crafts; label Nesties die; ...unknown paper scraps, recycled Christmas card image, cardboard scrap

I have a few people who save pretty Christmas cards for me to recycle - I especially love the bird images. To go with the recycling theme I decided to use scraps of designer paper, and then a piece of cardboard I've peeled the paper backing from to expose the corrugated inside. 



Jingle Belles
xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

walchowDesign said...

What a great way to recycle christmas cards especially when you re-designed them again.

Marie Bingaman said...

Super recycled card Jessi! :)

*Vicki* said...

Oh you are so clever!! Love that cardinal photo and your design is perfection!! ;)

Andrea W said...

The cardinal image was the perfect size for recycling into a handmade card.

Lindsey said...

Hmm, I think I have that plaid paper, too. This worked so well -- the card panel, the corrugated cardboard, the flair... all coordinates perfectly.

SmilynStef said...

What a pretty bird ... love the texture of the cardboard too ... so glad you joined us for Earth Day at Jingle Belles.

Carol L said...

WOW! You really made great use of those old cards with this new version! Very pretty!

Greta said...

Beautiful up-cycle, Jessi! Love how you put this together!

lauren bergold said...

isn't it AWESOME when ppl save cool things for you to craft with? it's often non-crafty folks, too! in your case OF COURSE they know you'll make something amazing... as this lovely card will attest! thanks for joining our earth day fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Bananastamper said...

Love your recycled project! I especially love the text background! Happy Earth Day!
Shanna :)

Lorraine said...

Oh yes! I love bird images too and you've really showcased this one wonderfully!

Dana said...

This is so awesome!! I LOVE the corrugated board!! And the flair and layout is perfect!!