Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Put on Your Sunglasses!

This is a bright one! I was inspired by the photo at FUSION and the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players to create this super bright and cheery birthday card.


Supplies: paper from AC; Versamark & yellow EP; Mustard Seed & Squeezed Lemonade distress inks; Gray Flannel Memento ink; neat & tangled sequins; unknown stamp set; embroidery supplies


The embossed yellow circle is all polka-dotty - and for once, I was able to get the multi-layer stamps lined up pretty well on my first try!  Two shades of yellow sequins and ta-da!

FUSION:

The Paper Players: I used the diagonal choices of yellow, sequins, and polka dots



xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, yellow! :D The cupcake is luscious and this is a great design.

Lyndal said...

Super cute cupcake card Jessi - love the new do too! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION! Hope to see you again soon :)

Barbara Godden said...

Yellow what a hard colour for me, you did a fabulous job, it's awesome. love the sequins. another roadblock for me and you create with them so well.

walchowDesign said...

WOW! Thanks for the head-up to put on my sunglasses, LOL! Lovely lemonade card, Jessi!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wow - this is definitely not a 'mellow yellow' card - so bright and cheery! I love the way you combined the elements for your monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe at The Paper Players this week!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I find it so hard to make an all yellow card but you've really done it here!

Dana said...

Awesome!! My mom would love this (yellow is her favorite color!!) The two tone cupcake is awesome!!

Greta said...

Fun & festive, Jessi!