Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Shopping our Stash #196 - The Earth Has Music


It's a collaboration week at Shopping our Stash! We are teaming up with Words 2 Scrap By for our challenge this week - when you make a card for SOS, you can enter it at W2SB too. There are so many ways to interpret the challenge theme this week. Here's what inspired it:

So, this month's words celebrate this first full month of spring and come from renowned author and philosopher George Santayana
The earth has music for those who listen.

Music? Nature? Both? Spoiled for choice with this one!

For me one of nature's most magical creations is the rainbow - so that was my starting point for my card.



Supplies: Distress inks in Barn Door, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves; Palette Noir and clear EP; vellum; Inkadinkado music background stamp; embroidery supplies


I used distress inks to create a watercoloured rainbow background. I added more swipes of colour with a dry brush after creating the initial background for more texture. The sentiment is embossed on vellum and then stitched on with a rainbow of embroidery floss (that took longer than waiting for the background to dry, lol) 

I can't wait to see how everyone has fun with this! Check out the SOS crew: 


And you have until Monday,April 13th to come play!
xoxo,
Jessi


17 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my word, would you look at that stitching. I have the skills, but not the patience.

Such a pretty card!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous take on the challenge Jessi, love everything about it, the music, the colours and the sentiment.

lauren bergold said...

holy WOW, i loooooooooooove that rainbow! actually i love every single thing about this! yowza, you have ROCKED it missus! <3

Lindsey said...

Rainbows and music... perfect choice for the prompt. And a beauty card!
(I feel in a challenge mood... I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy the feeling at least until all current deadlines pass...)

Annette Allen said...

totally awesome card.. i love what you did with that background..

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh I love the rainbow background and I happen to think that YOU are totally far out, stellar and groovy!!

jimlynn said...

Fabulous!!!! Love the colors of the rainbow on this beautiful card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Such a brilliant design with the colorful background and rainbow stitching too!! THIS IS groovy in every way!! :)

BobbisTreasure said...

The rainbow stitching is the PERFECT addition to your card - love how it echoes your inking!

~amy~ said...

Oh, i love this!

lostinpaper said...

Great sentiment and totally fun card Jessi!

walchowDesign said...

This is beautiful in every way, Jessi! The lovely rainbow bg with the music notes and the special stitched on the vellum. SUPER card!

Chana Malkah said...

This is beautiful, Jessi! I love the colors and the clever use of the vellum belly ban for our sentiment. Very nicely done!
Hugz,
Chana

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun!

Greta said...

I'm in awe! I can't even imagine doing the rainbow stitching! Gorgeous work, Jessi & fun to have SOS do a collaboration with W2SB!

Dana said...

wow!!! This is stunning!!! I love the rainbow background!! And the rainbow STITCHING!!! AWESOME!!!

Chris Dring said...

Holy colorful rainbows, Batman! This card is all sorts of amazing!