Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bo Bunny Blitzen

Popping in to whittle down my stash of ready-to-blog Christmas cards...this time all using Bo Bunny Blitzen papers. I bought two pads, and I'm well into the second one. Love it :)

Supplies: Papers from Bo Bunny;
stamps from The Cat's Pajamas; Palette Noir ink;
lacey circle Nesties; Stampendous Fun Flock;
Cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder; sandpaper;
Sakura Stardust pen (sentiment)

Supplies: papers from Bo Bunny;
acetate snowflake & brad from stash;
pink poinsettia from Hero Arts;
Sakura Stardust pen

Supplies: papers from Bo Bunny;
chipboard gift from Bo Bunny; Wilton doily;
ribbon & pearls from stash

Supplies: papers & chipboard border from Bo Bunny;
bamboo crochet thread;
sentiment from Hero Arts; Palette Noir ink;
Sakura Stardust pen


Supplies: papers from Bo Bunny;
stamps from Stampendous; Palette Noir ink;
Liquid Applique & micro-beads for frosting;
Sakura Black & Clear glaze pens;
felt snowflakes from Hero Arts; brad from Basic Grey;
standard oval Nesties

Supplies: papers & chipboard ornament from Bo Bunny;
sentiment from Stampendous; Memento London Fog ink;
snowflake gems from stash;
rhinestone burst & other gems from dollar store

Supplies: papers from Bo Bunny;
stamps & fun flock from Stampendous; Palette Noir ink;
Liquid Applique & micro-beads for frosting;
Sakura Clear glaze pen;
brads & charm from Making Memories
standard circle Nesties

Supplies: papers from Bo Bunny;
'jingle' stamp from studio G; Memento London Fog ink;
Reindeer buttons from Dress it Up;
jingle bells from Michaels;
scallops made with corner rounder

jingle jingle jingle!
I sewed the bells on loosely so that they can still ring
I'm really missing people this Christmas - we've lived here for nine years, and so it's been that long since I was home for the holidays, but for some reason it's hitting me harder than usual. Don't get me wrong, I always miss my mom & my sister, but my mom put my special ornament on the tree for me while we were on the phone, and that little act has had me tearing up lots in the last week. And I teared up when I put their special ornaments on my tree. And I'm tearing up now, darn it.

xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Sending you big hugs {and tissues!!}, Jessi! It *is* hard to live "away". (We've lived "away" for 18 years now. We have our own little Christmas celebration, just the four of us, which is all our kids know. But once the presents are open on Christmas Day and everyone is busy assembling and playing with new things, I always feel a bit lonely. And I miss singing with my sister on Christmas Eve!! It's not the same without her, and I always tear up then.)

Ah, but your cards are so cheery, so let's concentrate on those! Those BoBunny papers are adorable--and you saved the best for last with those adorable reindeer and jingle bells. LOVE IT!!

Thinking of you, my dear!!!!

June Houck said...

Sooooooo much goodness in this post! Bo Bunny and embossed polka dots...love it, glittery snowflake, doily and green pearls (yum), fab chipboard border, liquid appliqué frosting and microbeads, rhinestones galore, a delightful present charm, and reindeer and bells...SWOON!!!! Fabulous cards, Jessi.

I am sorry you can't be home with your mom. Especially when you have two Auties. Both of my girls are Auties too, but my mom is only an hour's drive, so we get help when we need it. We are very fortunate!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your boys!!!

Meg said...

Aw, I understand about spending holidays away from family. Sending long-distance hugs, as I'm sure they are, too!

In other news, so many fun cards! I can see why you are loving that paper, it's like the cards almost make themselves! I think my favorite is the stocking one. Or the ornaments. Or any one with penguins! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow you have been busy look at all those yummy cards Jessi.

Sorry to hear you are feeling sad at the moment, have you tried skyping, when my daughter is away at university it really brightens my day to see her when we chat so much better than the telephone!!

walchowDesign said...

I am sorry to hear that you miss your family so much and not being able to spend this special moment with them. I am sure they are thinking of you all the time especially during this period! I've left home for almost 22 years already and the most important of all is that you are with your love ones.

By the way, those Bo Bunny pp are beautiful especially when you used to create with them!

Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

BIG hugs from the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Sending you hugs accross the water and wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas together!
Thanks for sharing these fabulous cards, I really adore the bright green ornament, it's such a happy card!

lisa arana said...

LOTS of FABULOUS cards!!! Merry Christmas my dear Jessi! Hugs to you as you are away from your loved ones.