Sunday, December 18, 2011

Button Challenges...

I have a couple more challenges to post today - hopefully you're not sick of me yet! Since these challenges are related I'm posting them together, and since I'm still trying to share all the Christmas cards before Christmas, I'm going to show you all of them.

The two challenges are:
and

Well, I love buttons. And when I'm feeling stressed, or needing time to mull, the repetition of sewing on buttons is very soothing. AAAAnd that means I've been making a great deal of cards featuring buttons lately!

Supplies:  patterned papers from Bella Blvd;
dog & sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado;
Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
standard Oval nesties; scrap paper for paper-piecing the pup;
buttons from stash

Supplies: sentiment & star tree (envelope) from Stampin' Up;
Versamark & Stampendous Pirate Gold EP;
paper from Making Memories; kraft from Basic Grey;
star buttons from Dress It Up!;
all other buttons from stash;
misc. pearls & rhinestones

Supplies: all buttons from Basic Grey;
Penguin stamp & Cotton Ball fun flock from Stampendous;
greeting stamp from Inkadinkado; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;
patterned papers from Bo Bunny;
standard circle Nesties; Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge;
Martha Stewart glitter

Supplies: Patterned paper from Prima "North Country;"
buttons from Basic Grey;
rub-on sentiments from Making Memories (from Barbles!)

Supplies: papers from Bella Blvd;
green cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers (from JJ!);
standard oval Nesties; Palette Noir ink;
sentiment from Stampin' Up; buttons from Dress it Up

Supplies: papers from Simple Stories;
all buttons from Dress it Up!;
misc. rhinestones;
rub-on sentiment from Making Memories (from Barbles!) ;
banner from Martha Stewart 

Supplies: paper from My Mind's Eye;
(strip on envie from Simple Stories);
star button from Dress it Up;
brown buttons from Basic Grey;
white buttons from stash;
rub-on sentiment from Making Memories (from Barbles!) 
I'm pretty sure the button trees are some of my favourite to make - it's time consuming to sew on each button, but the end result is soooo worth it :)

Thanks for hanging in there - I hope to participate in more of these challenges in the new year! Crafty resolutions, now those I can get behind ;)

xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Jen W. said...

Your button trees are so gorgeous! I can't decide which one I like best. You have the patience of a saint sewing all those on!!! I am in love with that dog stamp and sentiment too - they are hopping right on to my never ending wish list. As is that Bella Blvd. paper.

CinnamonSally said...

Gosh so many buttons but so worth it, I really love your button trees Jessi.

Unknown said...

These are stunning Jessi! I see it took a long time to make these...the end result is absolutely gorgeous!!! You're amazing :)

Anonymous said...

So totally adorable! Love all the bright colours and fun designs!! ps those buttons trees are pure awesomeness!

Emily Keaton said...

Hooray for buttons!! One of my fave embellies, hands down (I have so many, thanks to my sewing stash, and I love them all!). I LOVE those gorgeous button trees!! Wow, they look amazing. Thanks for sharing these delight eye-candy cards, Jessi!!

fairyrocks said...

WOW you took that bit of inspiration and ran with it.
Love Love Love your cards.
Thank you for Playing in Paradise

lisa arana said...

Wow! When you get on a roll, WATCH OUT for some fabulous creations. Each one is just perfect.

walchowDesign said...

OMG! YOu've been very busy with all the buttons, Jessi! All of them have their own beauties and uniqueness!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw!!! Those button trees are amazing! I love them!! Must have been a real gap in your stack of buttons now, hi hi. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog always! I really appreciate them! And I'm practising on the sewing, so I think I'll get there! ;-)
Hugs, Wendy

Allison Rankin said...

You are a nut! I tried to make a button tree for this challenge and failed abysmally! It is eerie how much our stash mirrors each other! Ciao chickadee!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

AMAZING job - AMAZING cards - WOW!!! Your button trees are just fabulous. + it looks like you've sewn them on - phew - but it is funny what time and patience I can spend on making a card, but mending shirtbuttons are soooo boring and tough and seems to take forever.
Have a great day, hugs, Karin