Saturday, December 31, 2011

Time for June!

And Happy New Year! I hope you had a safe & happy celebration - I'm pre-posting, but unless something radical happens our plans are to watch movies. I can't remember the last time I actually rang in the new year, although I've got to say I miss it a little bit. Parties can be fun :)

As you can see by my sidebar, I've linked up to another party of year-end favourites - this time over at Karin with an "i" for Paper!  (Thanks Meg for the heads up!) I've also linked up with Stephanie at Ingenious Inkling - go & check out what everyone's sharingh! I love seeing what other people pick as their favourites from their own work.

I fell in love with this card when I made it, and as I wrote when I blogged about it, sometimes the idea just translates so perfectly into paper that it delights me. This is one of those times!


Original post here, with supplies
Look at the stitching! {love it}
Heads You Lose coverHeads You Lose by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward
Now, if you like mysteries or detective novels, and laughing, and you haven't read the Spellman Files series by Lisa Lutz, go do that first. Footnotes? In a mystery novel? Hell yes. This coauthored book is nearly as funny for the notes between the writers as it is for the story itself. Have you ever been a part of one of those get-to-know you sessions where each person builds off a sentence from the person before? Yep. But funnier.

bookjanuscrossing places The Ruth Galloway series by Elly Griffiths
I love mysteries, and forensics, and strong female investigators, and this series combines all three with a thriller aspect that had me devouring all three books within days of one another. I could not put them down!

June saw 23 books read - many of them what I call 'throw-away' books, ones that take only a day or so to read and not even that long to forget. I read for entertainment, and I read very quickly! I also read everywhere I go, and I'm comfortable picking up a book even when I only have a minute or two.

xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Meg said...

Such a cute card! Love the dimensional tummy!

I am going to have to disagree with you about Heads You Win...I just couldn't get into it, even though I love the Spellmans and footnotes. Something we can agree on: happiness is a new Spellman book in February!

lisa arana said...

adorable card, loved the popped up belly!

JJ Bolton said...

Hey, I remember that card! One of my faves too!

If I don't get a chance to stop by again tonight, just want to wish a very, very Happy New Years to you and the whole family! I have a good feeling about 2012:)

Wendy ten Hove said...

What a lovely card this is! Fun idea! I'm not a big fan of mysteries myself, but I also loooove to read!
Wishing you a lovely new year, filled with fun and creative moments, and of course, in good health!
Hugs, Wendy

Anonymous said...

This is a *fabulous* card Jessi!!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Jessi!
Thanks a lot for your comment!
Oh, I LOVE this pregnancy card! It is so adorable!! And I definitely love all that pretty stitching, too!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!!