Friday, December 30, 2011

More Stripe-Tastic!

This week's edition of the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World is gorgeous - check out this photograph:
Every once in a while Cath picks a name for the Trigger that ends up being my inspiration for my creation, rather than being triggered by the photo. I don't know how that works, but I just go with it! This is my second entry for the challenge:

Supplies:  Papers from My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found: Sunshine;"
tree stamp from Stampin' Up; sentiment from Hero Arts (from JJ);
Vintage Photo & Wild Honey distress inks

paper-weaving, my new nemesis
So, a piece of advice? Don't use double-sided tape when weaving paper. It sticks, and you'll curse about it. Ugh. I really don't think I want to talk about it.
What I like about how this card turned out is that the weaving (pitooey!) gives the other-wise single layer design some dimension, without adding weight or bulk. Plus, it's a good way to use up the skinny strips of patterned paper that I tend to hoard. 
This edition of Tuesday Trigger ends on January 1st, so head over & get linked up!
xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Theresa said...

This is awesome!! I love the weaving and the DPs you chose are fabulous. Totally love the tree.

Meg said...

I'm totally inspired to go weave some paper now (without doublestick tape, though!)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow fabulous card, I love all the detail, the paper weaving is stunning.

Emily Keaton said...

That weaving is fabulous, Jessi! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one how holds onto those skinny scraps ;).

Anonymous said...

The 'weaving' is wonderful, what a fantastic take on the Trigger! Love it!

Virginia L. said...

This is so very lovely, Jessi! Your take on colors and patterns is fabulous! I hope you had already enjoyed the digital PC subscription. Let me know if you have problem accessing it! Happy New Year!

lisa arana said...

so pretty jessi and love that bit of weaving.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)