Monday, December 12, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Deck the Halls!

I love the artful whimsy of the ornaments in this week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World. Since I appear to be low on printer ink I decided to write down the things that struck me most about the photograph, and then use that list as my prompt. Here's what I wrote:
Christmas decorations
circles
shimmer/shine
teal, red, pink, green, silver
white woodgrain
And what I came up with was a set of 6 cards:

Supplies: papers from My Mind's Eye (super glittery!);
stamps from Inkadinkado;
Palette Noir ink;
Iridescent glitter fabric paint;
Tumbled Glass Distress ink; standard circle Nesties


I made 2 with each colour hat band, just for a little bit of variety. 
This weekend's Midnight Madness was a blast - lots of sales, lots of fun, lots of Bailey's in the coffee...and I even decided to girl it up & put my hair in curlers & go all out on my makeup for the night. I never go out, at least not to anything that requires fancy-ness, so it was kind of fun to do, and I got lots of compliments on my hair. Anything other than its usual ponytail is a little shocking, I think :)
Stay tuned, because I have a great big "mail from friends" post coming up!
xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fun cards Jessi! LOVE that DP and your cute little snowman!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Jessi, these are adorable!! I just HAD to use those same papers for my Trigger project, too. Great minds think alike!!

So glad that Midnight Madness was such a blast. Good for you for going out a little glam!!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Jessi and perfect for the challenge. Sounds like midnight madness is fun!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

That photo is soooo gorgeous!! Love the colors and I love how you used them! Pretty papers in your card!!! And a cute snowy little guy! Very nice!
Hugs, Wendy

Theresa said...

So very cute!! I love how you used all the elements of the photograph. That snowman is just too precious.

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful cards and love the pp. The snowman is so adorable!

lisa arana said...

oh so cute!

Jen W. said...

That paper is the perfect colour for this challenge and I love the different coloured hat bands. :)

Jen W. said...

Doh! Pressed he button too soon... Glad Midnight Madness went so well and that you had such a good time! Our Art in the Park event was a bit of a bust. It was cold, windy and drizzly so not too many people out and about and I was a little *ahem* uncomfortable after our work Christmas dinner the night before... :P