Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Shopping our Stash 31 - Soft as a Snowflake!

I can't be the only one left still making Christmas cards, right?

{crickets chirping}

I know, I know. And I only just sent cards in the mail yesterday. It's like the shoemaker's children going barefoot...no one who knows me ever gets a card on time. 

It's only my second time playing with Shopping our Stash but I really adore the whole idea of their challenges, and love that there's usually a broad way to interpret the challenge. This week's challenge is Soft as a Snowflake, and you're invited to feature something soft (in my case, felt & fun flock on the penguins' bellies and scarves), snowflakes (also here), or the challenge sponsor's images - this week it's A Day for Daisies.

Supplies: Penguin stamp & fun flock from Stampendous;
felt snowflakes from Hero Arts;
striped paper from Bo Bunny; purple cardstock from MFT (from JJ!)
snowflake Cuttlebug folder;
brad from Basic Grey; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Martha Stewart fine crystal glitter 
In case you're a regular visitor to the Sackville Farmer's Market, the market will be open this Saturday, Christmas Eve, and several vendors plan to come on New Year's Eve as well. The Bridge Street Cafe is open both days through early afternoon, so come on out & visit!

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Adorable, Jessi! I love all the softness you added. And what's not to love about those penguins??

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting those last minute cards out Jessi! Our post here can be so unpredictable, if I left it this late, it could arrive for next year's Xmas!
ps Love these cute little penguins!

walchowDesign said...

Adorable christmas card, Jessi! Love the happy penguins and the glitters!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, funny! I always loooove penguins!!! And these are so cute! With temperatures dropping with you, did you go ice-skating already yourself?
Hugs, Wendy

June Houck said...

Oh, those penguins are precious! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash :)

Unknown said...

this is so pretty...i love your interpretation of the challenge. great card!

Meg said...

Oooh, I love purple for new festive color! And of course those penguins are just adorable!

Ok, wait, you're telling me I'm supposed to send the cards I make?!? Why did no one tell me about that step?

Jenny said...

Running late!!!...sounds familiar, I think it goes with the territory :)
Super cute card Jessi, the soft snowflake is the perfect embellishment :)
Loved your button cards too on the last post, oh and I like your mild obsession with snowmen ;)
Glad things started to get sorted with Connor...it's amazing what can change when steam starts to come out of your ears...you go girl :)
Hope you have a great Christmas, James is really looking forward to Santas visit! and best wishes for the New Year :)
Jenny x

Sandy Ang said...

'cos not. I'll be making them till the day itself and giving them out by hand. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a creative 2012

Theresa said...

So darn cute!! I am a sucker for penguins. I love that purple snowflake.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Jessi!
Thanks for your nice comment!! "Belated congrats" on your 15th wedd. anniversary, too! :-)
Oh, how cute these image is - I love penguins - they´re so beautiful and still cute!
I like this card a lot!
All the best to you and your family,
Ulina

lisa arana said...

Oh, I am still getting some last minutes tags and gift card holders done. Call me last minute lucy.

Super cute penguin card. It is so happy and fun.

CarlaKH said...

So cute! I love those penguins! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Alica said...

SO cute, love the penguins!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)