Friday, October 3, 2014

Husbands! AMIRITE?

So, that title. 

I was pretty excited with how this card came out, and I showed it to Rob, who promptly said "What's with the butterfly? It looks like you dug it out of the garbage."

To which I replied, "I'm definitely saying that you said that on my blog!"



Supplies: patterned paper from Pink Paislee; flower stamps & sentiment from Paper Smooches; Peacock Feathers & Spiced Marmalade Distress inks; Studio Calico wooden butterfly; lace from Recollections; Liquid Pearls; Frantage EP in gold & shabby pink; burlap & seam binding from stash; embroidery floss 


The patterned paper has stitched details, and I pierced & stitched along some of those. I also added some random french knots. I used a small piece of double-sided tape to hold the burlap scrap in place, laid the laces over top, and stitched through them all with matching thread.

The garbage butterfly (lol) was first covered in Spiced Marmalade distress ink, and then coated with a layer of 2-way glue. I embossed with the Gold Frantage, and then while still wet sprinkled it with the Shabby Pink & melted that.


xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

walchowDesign said...

you are so funny with your "garbage" butterfly. I think it looks very special that you had several things on it. Beautiful background and love the stitches along the panel!

Lindsey said...

Artistic doesn't always fly here, either. But hey, you like it and I like it, so it's all good. :D

Barbara Godden said...

the title is Ohsorite. Lovely card, I like the garbage butterfly. thanks for the giggle

Chris Dring said...

Ugh! You are so right! LOL! Sometimes they just can't SEE the brilliance! And this card IS brilliant!

Dana said...

Ha ha ha only a guy could have said that!! I love it! With your awesome lace and stitching the butterfly is fabulous!

Nance said...

You're right --- men! LOL Very pretty card! The butterfly is adorable. Glad you played at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Hugs! Nance, DT

Jayne said...

Love the stitched detail Jessi and the sparkle on the butterfly - great card. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Little Red Wagon this week.

Greta said...

Just beautiful!