Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Shopping our Stash #175 - Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'!


This week's Shopping our Stash challenge is SO MUCH FUN! 

 ROUND. 
Use round images (NOT just a round die-cut), or make a circle card, or use a brayer (it's long and round), etc. -- OR -- use a Western theme, since I got this idea from the theme song of Rawhide: 

I love a challenge with plenty of options! I went with a round image, a donut:


Supplies: Tiddly Inks donut digi stamp; Bo Bunny papers; Cuttlebug embossing folder; home made enamel dots; Wplus9 banner die; computer-generated sentiment; Liquid Applique; Spectrum Noir markers; real sprinkles! 



A closeup of the texture from the Liquid Applique - when you heat it, the sprinkles melt into it a bit. I love the look! Beware, though, that the colour will transfer from the sprinkles - so be careful what you put on top if you try it!



Ready to create something ROUND?  Join us before next Monday,November 3rd!


18 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That donut looks good enough to eat! I really like the look of that liquid appliqué. Might have to invest in some of that....

Barbara Godden said...

Yes it really looks yummy, great job on the challenge Jessi.

Leslie Hanna said...

L O V E the doughnut and Liquid Applique!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Mmmmm now I'm craving donuts. It's beautifully delicious!

Unknown said...

What a yummilicious card Jessi! We do know donuts in my country, but don't see too many of them, yours makes me want to have one ;-) Thanks for your lovely comment, take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Carol L said...

Ohhhh, the image of Clint Eastwood back in those rawhide days is something nice :) Thanks for putting that song in my head! Then again it's better to have a song in my head rather than a donut in my mouth! LOL Fun card and I love all the sprinkles!

Lindsey said...

I think you might be developing a speciality in papercrafting lifelike doughnuts! Fun card with lots of roundness!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Now this sure does look yummy!! LOL!! Fabulous use of the "rollin' theme here!! :) I love it! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

jimlynn said...

So fun, cute, and YUMMY looking! Love all those polka dots - and Rawhide.....one of my very favorite songs and show! YeeHaw!
Lynn

lauren bergold said...

BEST!
SENTIMENT!
EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

plus... mmmmmmmmm... donuttttttt... ♥

Greta said...

I never would have thought to use real sprinkles! How cute!

Jen W. said...

LOVE the liquid appliqué icing and the real sprinkles are awesome! And you made your own enamel dots? So cool! Are they melted beads? I tried that technique - so excited to use up some of these beads that have been sitting here forever. Put them in the oven and nothing happened. Didn't realize this after that they were glass beads! Doh!

Chris Dring said...

Ummm...doughnuts! Now I'm hungry. Oh, and this card ROCKS! Brilliant use of REAL sprinkles! Love it!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Squee! Love the donut that looks good enough to bite into. The sprinkles are a fun touch.

One of my fellow A Muse consultants made a Halloween card with a donut that had googlie eyes. The greet was: Donut be afraid!

Peanut said...

Now you've gone and made me hungry! That donut looks delish and I love sprinkles... who doesn't, eh? And rawhide.... now that's a blast from the past!
hugs, Asha

Donna said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm donut!!!
And this looks like my fave kind of donut - vanilla dip with sprinkles...MUST GET ONE!!!
Awesome job sistah!

Dana said...

Oh my gosh! That is an awesome donut!! Looks good enough to eat!!

lostinpaper said...

Honestly this almost looks good enough to eat (could be because my hubby won't let me keep any sweets in the house at the moment lol)!