Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Stamping Chef Facebook Challenge

Did you know that The Stamping Chef has a Facebook group?  If you love Tamara's images you should totally join. They've recently resurrected their FB challenge, and I *had* to play. It took a couple of tries, because it's a tricky recipe!

Your project should include:
gauze
cotton balls

The Zombified image, sure, but the other two ingredients? ...my SOS card from Tuesday was my first attempt. This time I did it! The gauze is there, I promise:



Supplies: Zombified digi from The Stamping Chef; Spectrum Noir markers; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; black and grey card stock; purple rhinestones from Dollarama; cotton ball and gauze


I coloured the image first, and then thought to have her bursting out of the card. As I sliced an "x" in the middle of each piece of cardstock I said to hubby - well, this is either going to be spectacular or a hot mess! I used a distressing tool on each exposed edge of the cardstock, rolled & glued the black pieces, and then the grey. 

After peeling back the cardstock to make the window, I taped the gauze down on three sides, leaving the bottom open so I could tuck the zombie in. She's adhered using different heights of foam tape to enhance the looming feel. Then I pulled apart the cotton pad to look misty and used double sided tape to stick it underneath the other elements so the tape wouldn't show. 

There's a touch of glitter pen on her hair, and on her eyes, and my Walking Dead-loving fourteen year old said she's hot for a zombie. Win!

Check out the Stamping Chef FB group, and of course their challenge & shop as well - I'm entering this in Challenge #52 as well :)

xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is one awesome card! Perfect the way she's coming out of the card. Must be reassuring to know your card (or at least the zombie) is hot, and not a hot mess! :D

jimlynn said...

Well, it's spectacular! That's so creative to have her look like she's coming out of the card! The gauze......I would have never thought to use it that way! Fabulous...Walking Dead and all! (Um...don't know if I ever considered a zombie as being hot though! LOL!)
Lynn

Carol L said...

This is a real winner with the way you creatively have her exploding from the card front! Great coloring too! Creepy fun!!

Greta said...

Great work, Jessi!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, Jessi. I have a few SC images. must check out their FB page.

Myndi said...

Excellent job! She IS hot for a zombie! Thanks for joining us at TSC for the challenge this week! I love to see your work! xx Myndi DT

Tina Chianna said...

so dimensional, love it. The colours and textures, thank you soooo much for joining The Stamping Chef challenge and good luck. Tina DT x

Dana said...

Ok, like.... Wow! Zombie ripping out of the card?? A-mazing!! Ps. Sorry I've been Mia, but I just finished a presentation and studying for tomorrow's test so I'll be catching up tonight/tomorrow!!

Winnie said...

Lovely card........ Thank you for playing along at TSC this week

hugs Winnie DT - The Stamping Chef

Unknown said...

Great idea having her 'rip out' of the card like that! Thanks for sharing at The Stamping Chef this week and good luck! Melissa DT