Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crafty Secrets Birthday Greetings

Supplies: bird & banner from Crafty Secrets;
Make a Wish stamp from My Favorite Things;
stamped with Vintage Photo distress ink;
buttons & paper from Basic Grey;
greaseproof doily from Wilton
I was finally able to find another package of doilies from Wilton - every time I went to Walmart they were sold out. I really like these, as whatever coating they have to make them greaseproof also makes it very easy to apply & blend ink. I give the doily a blast with my heat gun afterwards just to make sure that the ink stays put when I'm finished. The other doilies I've tried (granted, from the dollar store) either rip from getting dampened or just look streaky. The centre button's bow was tied separately, and then sewn on when I stitched the button to the card. Sneaky, sneaky! Otherwise it would definitely be upside down.

I'm back at my sister's house for the weekend - today we're going over to my dad's house for dinner, and for now we're just farting around doing nothing in particular. It actually occurred to me yesterday that I'd like to go down to Granville Island, so we'll do that on Monday. I think that'll be my only tourist concession :) Yesterday we visited a friend of my mom's, and I got a VERY FAST ride in a vintage '66 Corvette Stingray. I managed not to pee myself by channelling how excited Riley would have been to be in my place cruising down the highway with the top down and the engine roaring. I also took the camera out yesterday for the first time this trip - and I'll take some more pictures tonight and tomorrow with family, so you may get to see a few after I get home, if I remember!

xoxo,
Jessi

No comments: