Thursday, April 21, 2011

Floating Reinkers Roses

Supplies: rose from Fifth Avenue Floral, Stampin' Up!;
stamped in Colorbox white pigment ink, embossed with white EP;
Denim adirondack ink; Crafty Secrets clip (My Dear Grandma);
papers from Basic Grey "Lime Rickey"

Supplies: rose from Fifth Avenue Floral, Stampin' Up!; stamped in Colorbox white pigment ink, embossed with white EP;
coloured with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, bubble gum pink;
doily from Wilton; paper from My Mind's Eye "Tickled Pink"

Supplies: rose from Fifth Avenue Floral, Stampin' Up!; stamped in Colorbox white pigment ink, embossed with white EP;
Fired Brick Distress Ink; papers from Bo Bunny "Crush;"
Mother's Day stamp from Kaisercraft
Supplies: rose from Fifth Avenue Floral, Stampin' Up!; stamped in Colorbox white pigment ink, embossed with white EP;
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink; papers from Basic Grey "Gypsy;"
lace seam binding, miscellaneous rhinestones;
birthday stamp from Studio G
All of these have a layer popped up - I coloured 2 flowers with the floating reinker technique, and based on how each turned out decided which to cut up. I just bought my first Glimmer Mist, since I found it on sale (score!). I laid the roses out on newspaper (after embossing them) and sprayed the glimmer mist until I could see little pools of liquid, same as I did with the water for the other flowers. It dried much faster than the flowers done with the water & reinkers, so I think I may try it again once I collect a few more colours of Glimmer Mist.
I had a scheduled post for yesterday, but now I can't even find it in the list of posts to edit. I think the Internet ate it. I still haven't done anything touristy at all, and that's fine with me - I've spent the night with my mom, then my sister & her man, my grandma, and now back to my mom's. I've been spoiled like crazy, and learned all kinds of interesting family history. Yesterday Connor said to me, "You being on vacation, it stinks." As my mom said, good. I miss them so much, but if he's already missing me, is he ever going to be glad when I get back! Riley's not much for talking on the phone, but I'm fairly certain he misses me too. At least now he knows I haven't forgotten him, which he was worried about. As if I could!
xoxo,
Jessi

1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

These are all so beautiful, Jessi!! So glad you are having a good time being away and getting recharged. So glad you are being spoiled!!