Sunday, October 12, 2014

Inspired by Andrea!

If you aren't already following Andrea at Savvy Handmade Cards, you are missing out. She is talented and I'm always inspired by her posts! A while back she created a card using the Emerging Colour technique, and I knew I had to give it a try - it just took me a while to get to it. The linked post has her clear directions if you'd like to give it a go! I was inspired by her colour choices & as you'll see, the theme as well! 



Supplies: Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts; leaf stamps from Jane's Doodles; Versamark; clear detail EP; Distress inks in Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy

Next time I give this a go I'll use a darker ink for sponging on top - I do like the effect of the mottled & muddied colours from the brown, but the 'emerging colour' doesn't pop quite as much as on Andrea's card. Definitely a fun technique!


I have a few more cards to post before deadlines, so BRB!
xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Fall inspired cards are my fav and this is awesome.

Andrea W said...

Awe, thanks for the compliment and link to my blog. Your card turned out fantastic. I love the different shapes of leaves and colors. So glad my card inspired you because you constantly inspire me!

Chris Dring said...

Ok, now I want to try this out, because your card is AMAZING!!! Love it!

Lynne K said...

Wow, stunning autumn colours! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Lindsey said...

This looks like a fun technique to try! Your card turned out beautifully!

brenda said...

A stunning creation Jessi, you have achieved such wonderful depth and colour.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Barbara Godden said...

Wow what a fabulous card, must check out the technique.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a lovely fall card!

walchowDesign said...

Awesome fall colours, Jessi! Great gradual sponging!

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!! The colors are wonderful!! Going to have to try this technique!!