Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pink Sunset Season's Greetings

I knew as soon as I saw the Silent Night prompt at Merry Monday that I would use my favourite tree stamp of all time to create a night scene. I decided to go a different route with it by including the Kraft Journal's glitter challenge and the Jingle Belles' Pink Christmas theme.


Supplies: Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree; Stampendous dots & sentiment; Versamark; Pirate Gold and Kaleidoscope embossing powders from Stampendous' distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Antique Linen,  and Worn Lipstick; kraft card stock; Tattered Angels gold glimmer mist; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Studio G clear glitter glue


It's SO SPARKLY! I began by masking an area for the moon and blending the distress inks together. I stamped the trees (using generational stamping) and then stamped the greeting & the snowflake dots & embossed them. The snow drifts were made by tearing paper, inking the edges, and then painting them with glitter glue. I very lightly sponged Antique Linen ink across the sky. The kraft cardstock was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and then generously sprayed with the Gold glimmer mist. It is truly super sparkly :)

xoxo,
Jessi

20 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Love it when pink goes on the kraft. Your moon is beautifully distressed so are the pinky trees, Jessi!

SmilynStef said...

That landscape is so pretty ink pink ... very peaceful holiday card design ... so very glad you went PINK for a cause with us at Jingle Belles.

Becca Cruger said...

The more sparkly, the better! Thanks for helping to support such a great cause!

Andrea W said...

Such a pretty card! I would have never thought of stamping the trees in pink but it looks awesome.

jimlynn said...

Pretty in pink!! Love all the sparkle on this too Jessi!
Lynn

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty Jessi, I love all that sparkle. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This sure is gorgeous!! I love the trees in pink and the landscape you've made for them is very clever!! :) Thanks for popping in and leaving me a comment about my card!! Made my day!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Barbara Godden said...

wow what an awesome card. I might have to case this one with your permission

lostinpaper said...

Oooh, such a pretty colour combo for Christmas!

Carol L said...

All that pretty shimmer looks great with the pink colors! Gorgeous card!

Lindsey said...

Look at that moon! And shiny! Embossing! Pink! So pretty.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great way to use a mix of non-traditional colors for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Dana said...

Beautiful!!! i LOVE your inked moon!! Fabulous sparkle too!!

Debbie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous Christmas card!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Jessie, this is just beautiful! Love the sparkle!

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous scene you created.. totally love it

Greta said...

Stunning card--LOVE this, Jessi!

Peanut said...

This is amazing, Jessi! I am so going to steal this idea. I'll let you have a private sneak peek... but you have to wait a couple of weeks for the final public viewing!
hugs, Asha

lauren bergold said...

oh HOLY WOW!!! it's not gonna be a SILENT anything whenever this amazing card is in the room, missus! there will be waaaaaaaaay too much "oohing" and "aaaaaahing" and possibly the sounds of someone trying to erase your name and put their own on b/c they are SO JEALOUS... but that would probably only be at my house lol!

thanks for rockin’ the pink with us at JINGLE BELLES... as BOTH a guest hostess AND a participant!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Diane said...

Gorgeous!