Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What? She picked the colours?

I am not a colour challenge gal. It happens occasionally, but rarely on purpose. And yet, when I went to play with Lesley's Challenge #15, I pulled out the colours and forewent the sketch. (forgoed? lol) This is quite similar to a card I posted on my Facebook page earlier this week - but not the same.



Supplies: rabbit image from Your Next Stamp!; sentiment stamps from Paper Smooches; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir markers; Sharpie white paint pen; hot pink heart rhinestone from stash


I printed out two copies of the digi stamp so that I could pop up the paws & heart. The gemstone was a last minute addition because I smudged the white paint ink on the heart (ack!) and it wouldn't blend in for anything.
Here's The Challenge graphic:

xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Adorable and wonderful coloring!
Lynn

Dana said...

Fabulous coloring and super cute card!! The image is perfect for the colors!!!

Dana said...

Fabulous coloring and super cute card!! The image is perfect for the colors!!!

Lindsey said...

So cute! And of course the gem was meant to be there... it was just an opportunity!

Carol L said...

This one is just precious! I love how you colored this bunny, and that red heart gem looks perfect! Great save :)

Barbara Godden said...

Awwww he/she is super cute and gorgeous colouring. I giggled with the gem covering up an oops I have a black smudge on Gus's face and a gem won't work.

Karen Schroeder said...

The bunny is adorable...great coloring! Your "mistake" was really an opportunity to add the perfectly matched heart gem.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable Jessi, your mouse is just the cutest.

Greta said...

Oh I love this card, Jessi! Your coloring is just wonderful--perfect use of the color combo!

wienerhoneymooners said...

How cute is this Jessi --VERY!!!! Thats HOW!!! Sometimes a big sweet cuddly is just what the doctor ordered for a whole lotta cheer!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge, so glad that you did!! Makes me all warm and fuzzy!!!

Debbie said...

Aww! This is absolutely adorable!!

walchowDesign said...

Perfect coloring, Jessi! Love this CAS card!

Lesley said...

EEP! SO stinkin' sweet! Love that image, it works well with the colours! So happy you joined us my friend!