Sunday, October 12, 2014

Think Pink!

You already know that Breast Cancer Awareness is important to me - so of course I had to whip up a card for The Pink Elephant's "Think Pink!" challenge this week!

I was lucky enough to win a gift card for the Aurora Wings etsy store a few weeks ago, and this ethereal ballerina image was shouting my name.


Supplies: Ballerina - Star Dancer digi stamp from Aurora Wings; Spectrum Noir markers; Liquid Pearls and yellow glitter fabric paint; pink rhinestones from Dollarama; sentiment from Annabelle Stamps; Picked Raspberry distress ink; scraps of glitter & textured pink card stock


Since I'd printed out the image basically card-size, I attached it to the card front after colouring and then 'artfully tore' some papers to accent it. The Liquid Pearls were dotted on more or less randomly, and I highlighted the illustrated stars with yellow glitter fabric paint. A scatter of hot pink gems to finish it off :)

This is another hubby-don't-like-it card. I loved how it turned out, and when I showed him he said "She looks weird. Her hair shouldn't be the same as the other stuff." WELL. Insert raspberry noise here! 

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Luckily it doesn't matter what your hubby thinks! I love this image - it's so ethereal and beautiful! Thanks for your kind comments!

Carol L said...

I strongly disagree with the hubs on this one! This is just gorgeous with all the pearls and sparkle, and her hair flows with the rest of the beautiful image! Love the torn edges too! Nice!!!

jimlynn said...

Tell hubby you'll make him a manly looking card next time! This is SO PRETTY! Love all the shine and of course the pink too.
Great image.
Lynn

Chris Dring said...

Tell Rob "Pfffftttt!!!" from me.

Your card is all kinds of pretty!

Greta said...

Beautifully crafted card, Jessi--love the girly look!

Lindsey said...

Okay, to Rob... wha? Silly guy. This is all kinds of gorgeous.

Karen Schroeder said...

Silly Rob! Your card is gorgeous!

Nance said...

Yes, I'm a little behind on my commenting. And, you should know better than to ask a man about a girlie card (unless it's a pin-up) lol! I love this image. Love how you did it too! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Think Pink Challenge! Happy Thanksgiving too! (At least I'm on time with that)! hahaha

Barbara Godden said...

AWESOME card

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a pretty and sparkly card! You rocked the pink!

lostinpaper said...

Perfectly Jessi, love love love how she flows across the card!

Dana said...

Gorgeous image and i love how you colored her!! The framing you did with the cardstock is awesome (and of course i love the sparkle!!!)