Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Shopping our Stash #173 - Hello, Sweetie!


The third Saturday in October is Sweetest Day - so at Shopping our Stash this week we want you to use  a "sweet" theme, and tell us how you interpreted the challenge. Ideas: candy, ice cream, cookies, something for your sweetie, etc. 

So I was going to make something all sweet, and then I realized...Rob might die. So I made this:


Supplies: Stampendous stamps; Spectrum Noir markers; Dress it Up heart buttons; Sew Easy tool; Tim Holtz ruler; paper piercer & embroidery floss

This is what gave birth to the "You Make Me Stabby" card, actually :) And even better, this Changito stamp was NBUS of at least a year and a half! WOOT! 

And as a bonus - remember our joint challenge with the Jingle Belles?  Ira Huberts won with us, and snagged a guest DT spot so you'll see her join us a few times this month.

Ready to create something sweet?  Join us before next Monday,October 20th!


16 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super sweet card, love the stitched hearts. Awesome job, Jessi

Becca Cruger said...

Cute! The little heart stitches make me wish I had a sewing machine.

Leslie Hanna said...

Tee hee - love that saying! I think ALL my Changito stamps are NBUS. ;/

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh!!! this is "BANANAS" in the best possible way! i love every single bit of this, especially (but not limited to) the monkee driving the banana car!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!! ♥♥♥

Annette Allen said...

so totally fun... love that sentiment.. :)

jimlynn said...

Super sweet and cute. Love those little stitched hearts too.
Lynn

Unknown said...

This is brilliant Jessi! Love the fun image and how you've adorned your card, really fab! Thanks for having me as GD a couple of times, so sweet of you, hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Donna said...

Now that's a romance card that even I like!!! LOL
Love the wee monkey and his banana-mobile!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I seem to drive everyone bananas these days but no shares their nanas with me. This is a fun card, but the You make me stabby is better yet!!!!

Carol L said...

I see sweet buttons, sweet stitching, sweet piercing and a cute little monkey image! Fun stuff!

Lindsey said...

Look at all that paper-piercing... wow! Very cute... and just sweet enough. ;)

walchowDesign said...

Such a sweet card and love the stitched hearts.

lostinpaper said...

Ooooh, so fab Jessi! I was only looking at my little Changito yesterday and thinking he might be happy on a card. Great minds!

Dana said...

Haha!! Awesome card!! I would say everyone we love drives us banana's at one point or another!!

Chris Dring said...

Yeah, an all sweet card would probably kill Rob. Excellent choice going with the snarky card! The stitched hearts and heart buttons are the perfect touch!

Greta said...

Now that is one adorable card--bet he loved it!