Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Angela's Wonderful Wood Challenge - PIP #58

This week at Playing in Paradise the challenge is:
 
I have a whole pad of Basic Grey "Life of the Party" papers that I take out, look at, and put away on a semi-regular basis, so I thought they'd be perfect for this challenge.

Supplies: Papers all from Basic Grey "Life of the Party;"
sentiment from MFT;
Versamark, Vintage Photo Distress ink, and clear EP;
wooden buttons from Michaels; bamboo crochet thread
So, I've got woodgrain patterned paper, wooden buttons, and for a bit of a stretch I guess we could say bamboo is a tree? I'm glad I decided to add the buttons & thread, because all I wrote down in my handy-dandy challenge notebook was "woodgrain"...and completely left out the "focal point" part of the challenge. Not reading the complete directions? Totally not something I would ever flake on. Totally. Not.
As always, this challenge runs until Thursday at noon, so pull out your fun wood stuff and link up!
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

What a super idea to use this DP for the challenge (and I really dug through my stash and totally missed that I could have used this!). Great idea for the kiddo paper too!

Marie said...

Lovely card, Jessi. Great LO and use of 'wood'. I'll have to case this for my collection of 'men's cards.

Jen W. said...

I'd say the whole thing is the focal point huh? Hate when you miss those little details...

Lisa Arana said...

details, details. ha. this is one rockin' card!

JJ Bolton said...

Who needs the details when you have such a lovely card, lol! Loving the orange layer, so cute!

lostinpaper said...

Woodgrain is definitely the 'new black' at the moment! Love those papers (and focal point)!

walchowDesign said...

Love the simplicity of this woody design!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, love all the little wood details. Thanks for Playing in Paradise.

fairyrocks said...

Thank You for playing in paradise this week. Love your card, Great post too!!

Hazel said...

Love your classy card - thanks for joining in with Playing in Paradise, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Jenny said...

I have wanted that pad just for the brown wood grain paper but then never bought it because of the rest of the designs left me blank!!!
You certainly got the wood grain going on and I'd say the button and orange panel make the perfect focal point :0)
Jenny x