Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shopping our Stash #42 - Embossing

I found this week's Shopping our Stash challenge nice & easy. Hooray for that, because I found myself frustrated with a lot of my creating this week!

Supplies: paper & stickers from K&Co;
gemstone strip from $store;
cuttlebug embossing folder

close-up of the embossing
I think this technique is called embedded embossing? Not sure. I adhered the letters & then ran the panel through the Cuttlebug, so that the letters are embossed as well. I'm surprised I had the letters I needed to spell anything, because that sheet of letter stickers has been around a long time, as have the gem strips. Used the whole package too, so yay me!
As always the Shopping our Stash challenge ends on Monday afternoon, so you've still time to get yourself linked up over there!
xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Theresa said...

I don't know what it's called either, but the card is fabulous. Love the rhinestones.

Unknown said...

love the embossed alphas. great effect! and the gemstone strips are gorgeous. beautiful design!

Jen W. said...

I think that is what it's called and I love it although I never remember to use it! LOL! Diggin' the letter stickers and those are some bad ass gem strips!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is a super cool look! I don't think I've ever seen embossed alpha stickers before--I love it. Love the cheerful colors, too!

Jenny said...

Now that's a new technique to me...... Looks awesome!
Sheets of alphabet stickers are useless after a while unless you can think of folks with obscure names to spell on a card!
Love the funky colours and bling :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

fun idea! love the textured look with the sticker letters!!!

lostinpaper said...

What a great idea, I've not tried this before! So many techniques, so little time, thanks for the inspiration!

Alica said...

very nice - love the bling!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)