Monday, March 19, 2012

Better late than never...

It's past St. Patrick's Day but I do have a card to share for this week's little red wagon #124, Lucky You!
Supplies: paper from Fancy Pants;
'lucky' stamp from Michaels; Peeled Paint distress ink;
horseshoes sticker from Jolee's;
corner rounder
I was away at my mother-in-law's house for part of March break last week, but just picture how excited I was to come home & see that I was featured for my frustrating woven card here! Link up your own "luck" cards (with either the word 'luck' or a lucky symbol) before Wednesday, when the new challenge will begin.

I've also got a card for this week's Shopping our Stash #43, Food/Beverage. This challenge ends at midnight, so link up quick!
Supplies: Papers from Basic Grey "Life of the Party;"
standard circle & lacey circle Nesties;
ice cream cone sticker (and balloon on envelope) from Simple Stories
Finally everyone is heading back to school and work today after March Break. It's nice to have a vacation, but it's also nice to get back into a routine. It turns out that Abby isn't such a great traveler - oh, she's fine in the car, but being in a strange house had her on high alert the whole time, including barking at people who live in the house (not cool!) and barking whenever someone got up to use the washroom in the night (ugh!). She & I both slept much better in our own bed.
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

JanR said...

Great card! I like those horseshoes. Thanks for playing with us at Little Red Wagon.

walchowDesign said...

Just pop over to see your woven card, Jessi! Absolutely fabulous work and congrats on being featured! Yeah!!

Theresa said...

Hi Jessi - love the St. Patty's day card - so simple and fabulous. Now you make me want to have ice cream!! Great cards friend.

JJ Bolton said...

Love that lucky card! You always have the most fun little doodads like those gold horseshoes:) Congrats on the shout out for your woven card! So cool!

I hear you on the feeling of relief when you get back home after a trip. With kids and pets, traveling can be a real adventure, lol!

Deena said...

love that basic grey paper with the ice cream cone...great combination...thanks for joining in at shopping our stash's food and drink challenge this week!

Crystal said...

Great cards & I love the DP on the ice cream card! Thanks for joining us this week over at SOS (Shopping Our Stash).

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to come home... I was super happy when my computer arrived home the same day as me (hopefully back on track now)! FAB cards BTW, Love that funky icecream!

Joanne said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Jen W. said...

Do I spy a card with only 1 piece of patterned paper on it? LOL! Like those little horseshoes and the yummy ice cream on the second one.
And I'm with Abby - not good at being a house guest. Always tense, on high alert and occasionally bark at the home owners! :)

Lisa Arana said...

i really love horseshoes and i love how you used them on your st. patrick's day card! and that yummy ice card is darn cute!

Jenny said...

Love the minimal embellishments on the first card, that gorgeous green paper doesn't need much else :0)
Great design for the second card, I spy a touch of wood grain paper !
Yep I'm all for getting back to your own home and bed too :0)
Jenny x