Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thank you, all of you!

First of all, thanks for all of your lovely comments and support from my last post - it means a lot to me that you would all take the time to send virtual hugs. Before I forget, I realized reading again that I wasn't very clear - Riley wasn't with me. I am so thankful for that - I had already dropped him off at school. The dog was with me, and she was really off for a couple of days. Normally she's very friendly with other dogs, but she completely avoided the poor creature, and has spent the time since being more protective of me than usual. I must say that I'm glad I was there, in a strange way, because it turns out that no one other than the next door neighbour even knew who the dog belonged to, although everyone had seen the dog. That meant that her person could be with her in her last moments.

OK, moving along.

This week over at little red wagon the challenge is Clean and Simple. Funny thing, although I would never ever in a million years say that was a style I create often, this is the third card this week that features white space? Must be spring fever or something!


Supplies: digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil;
watercoloured with Distress inks & Stampin' Up watercolour pencils;
'thank you' sentiment sticker from Doodlebug;
patterned paper from MME;
Sharpie for doodles
I've created a whole bunch of cards with Mo Manning's images the past few weeks, and I just love colouring them. So whimsical & fun.

Lots of challenge cards coming up this week...but I think this might be it for white space. Just saying!

xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

Jen W. said...

So cute! Love the pink socks and dirty knees! :)

Glad to hear Riley wasn't with you but poor Abby! Not surprised she was so shaken up given how distressed you were. :(

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

A sweet and lovely card!!

Jingle said...

Your card is very sweet! I love the grass stained knees!

JJ Bolton said...

What a sweet card! Love your coloring (especially the hair color):)

I'm so glad to hear that you Riley wasn't with you. I get what you mean when you say that you were glad that you *were* there. Not everyone would have responded in such a compassionate way as you did.

Hugs to you and Abby,
JJ

JanR said...

Very nice. I love how you added grass stains to the knees. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

~Tammy~ said...

Well on to better days and this is such a sweet card to start my day off with! Just darling!

Annette Allen said...

aww I am so sorry you had to see a dog get hit...I am sure that was very hard. So nice of you to stop and care for it.

I am glad your day is look up and you have created this lovely card. your coloring is so pretty..

Emily Keaton said...

LOVE those grass stains, Jessi!! Now THAT's thinking--so authentic ;). Your CAS design is so perfect for this wonderfully detailed image. And I really like that sentiment sticker. That's something I need to think about using more often--I really like what I see when others use them!!! You may have just enabled me ;)

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Jessi, that image is adorable.

Jenny said...

Amazing how they pick up on your emotions isn't it...not sure what my little terror would do, probably go in for the last attack knowing him!!
I'm loving the 'white space' period in your designs, this is a cute card :0)
Jenny x

yyam said...

Oooh...she's sooooo sweet! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Glad Riley wasn't with you. Poor Abby though. Animals know these things. That poor dog!

Love your colouring of this sweet digi! The strip of paper and sentiment sticker are perfect for it.

kingstonmama said...

So cute! I'm loving all your white-space cards lately, but then I'm a white space kind of girl. :) Adorable image and colored beautifully. The thought of having to color something sends me into hiding. :) ann Y.

walchowDesign said...

Glad to hear that Riley was not with you.

Great coloring and love the gingham border!

lostinpaper said...

LOVE it Jessi! Watch out now, you will become addicted to the 'white space'.... I know that I'll have to start going to meetings soon...

Marie said...

Wel let's hope 'spring fever' stays around for a while. You do it so well. The coloring on that adorable image is great. Lovin the white space!

Lisa Arana said...

look at you embracing the white space... you have come to the 'light' side. hee hee.