Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Playing in Paradise #59 - Meaningful Life Quotes

With this as the prompt, how could I not play along? Playing in Paradise #59 is this:
Now, being me, I've had the card made for days and am only now getting it posted! 

Supplies: papers and clock/lock stamps from Bo Bunny;
Emerson quote from My Favorite Things;
Vintage Photo & Old Paper distress inks; Versamark & Pirate Gold EP;
nifty button from stash


I wanted to keep the focus on the quote, so I tried to keep embellishing to a minimum, but it got away from me a little bit. Ahem. Anyway, I like how this turned out - I love using quotes on cards, and I want to do it more often. Thanks for the reminder, Merlie! You've got until tomorrow at noon to play along, so quick, go get inky!
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Jessi, this is stunning work.
Wow Thanks so much for coming to play with us :-) ;-)

Unknown said...

beautiful Jessi. i love the different metallic shades. these images are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quote! Love your card Jessi, such a beautiful design!

Marie said...

This is one of those 'gotta add this to my favorites' cards. Simply beautiful in it's simplicity. Great quote.

Jenny said...

I find it hard to embellish cards that have the sentiment/quote as the focal point....I reckon yours is just spot on. The quote is so true as well, a gentle reminder for us all each day!
Jenny x

~Tammy~ said...

Jessi, this is beautiful! The right amount of balance!

Emily Keaton said...

That is one cool card, Jessi! I love the quote and all of the great hardware/clock images to go with it. :)

JJ Bolton said...

Fantastic quote! Love the background stamping:)

Jen W. said...

Love the gold embossing powder and that awesome button. And definitely a good quote. I should remember it more often.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Jessi, love the sentiment.

Lisa Arana said...

i love to see clock images used and I love your take. the light and dark stamping is just perfect.