Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Little Red Wagon #122 - Use a Vintage Item

I had great fun playing along over at little red wagon this week - once I found my 'vintage item,' I just went to town playing with my card, and even used up some super-old craft stash. Score!
My true vintage item is the page of script, which was taken from the "Green Fairy Book." I've been using pages from it for years, since I found it for a dollar at the Salvation Army. Most of the illustrations were already cut out, but the pages are aged 'just right.'

Supplies: paper 'en francais' from MME;
dragonfly stickers (and stamp on envelope) from PSX;
button from Dress it Up!; Peeled Paint distress ink;
Sakura Stardust glitter pen; fibres from stash;
fairy illustration by Cicely Mary Barker

oooh, shiny :)
Fairies must have glimmery wings, right? I had such great fun with the fibres too - finding the bit of green fluff for the sympathy card in my last post reminded me to root through the drawer & see what else was in it. 
little red wagon's new challenges are posted on Wednesdays.

Report card day was yesterday. Both boys did well, especially considering that both of them are coping without aides for the first time (and on top of that, Connor is in a brand-new school). There are some definite areas of concern, but overall I'm very impressed with how both Riley & Connor are managing. (I will say, however, that I've never seen the word 'inconsistent' used so many times on one report...and nearly each use was accompanied by an A. Interesting.)

xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Jingle said...

Very pretty!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card...I love how you put glitter around most of the edges...looks amazing..

~Tammy~ said...

The glitter adds such a beautiful touch! This is a beauty and I love your vintage item and the book print is something I really {heart} on cards! :-)

Have a good day!

Lindsey said...

What a great combination of "stash stuff" to make this beautiful card! Love the glittery goodness.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Jessi! I love that button and how you embellished the image with sparkles.

Theresa said...

Jessi, this is gorgeous. I love the background paper.

Thank you for the blog award. I finally read it - you're the best!!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a pretty fairy card! I have an old book of maps I use and it was so hard to cut up at first.

Glad to hear the good news on the boys!

Emily Keaton said...

You nailed "glimmery wings" in this delightful card, Jessi!! Congrats to both boys on their grade cards--and to Mom, too, for anchoring it all!!!

walchowDesign said...

This is a beauty, Jessi! Love all the glitters and the button adds the extra touch to vintage look!

Congrats to the boys'report!

Jen W. said...

Nice touch with the glitter on the wings. :)

Glad the boys are holding their own despite all the changes for them. :)

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty! Love the touches of glitter (perfect fairy treatment)!