Saturday, September 1, 2012

Best intentions, and all that

I really did mean to come back & post yesterday, and then life happened. You know how that works :) Simon Says Stamp is having an Anything Goes challenge this week, so I've got to throw my crafty hat in that ring. And some of my favourite challenges made their way into cards this week - starting with A Summer Scene over at Crafty Creations Challenges. I made two cards, reflecting two very different summer feelings: the ocean & the fair!
Supplies: carousel sticker from Jolee's;
polka dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug

Supplies: clipart from the Graphics Fairy;
patterned paper from MME;
sentiment from Annabelle Stamps;
Palette Noir ink

I printed two copies of the digi image, and fussy cut & popped the sailboat
on a layer of foam tape for some dimension.
I've entered the 'chicken with its head cut off' phase of readying for the trip. We finished getting the last of the school supplies today, so now I just need to get those labeled & ready. And now I've been staring at the screen thinking of the rest of my to-do list, so I think I'd better go DO some of it soon!
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I've been in that 'chicken with it's head cut phase' and know exactly what you are talking about... good luck with everything! ps Great cards!

kingstonmama said...

Wonderful cards! I love the carousel on top of the embossing and the sailboat is amazing. So clever to print two boats and use the fussy cutting and foam tape to add dimension. I never think of using clipart. ann Y.

Annette Allen said...

wow wee look at these..they are stunning...love that sail boat...amazing cards.

CarlaKH said...

love these! So gorgeous!

jimlynn said...

BOTH are wonderful! Love the first one - so fun, cute, and fabulous!
The second one - wow! Great image and really like how you popped up part of the image.
Lynn

Lindsey said...

Two very different cards, but both so very awesome! I love the dimension you added to the sailboat, brilliant! Perfect for the Crafty Creations challenge this week.

Unknown said...

beautiful cards! the sailboat image is particularly pretty.

Melissa Craig said...

Wow Jessi - these cards are absolutely stunning!

Lisa Carroll said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful! Two completely different looks, both executed perfectly. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Lisa Arana said...

amazing cards... hope you got everything ready in time.

Jen W. said...

Love the way you popped up the sail on that gorgeous schooner!

Hope your head has since been reattached...

;)