Saturday, September 1, 2012

Numbers Game at little red wagon

One of my regular customers is actually the whole family - since they moved to the area I've made a personalized card for each child for their birthday. This little man has one for every year - I still remember getting to snuggle him as a wee babe! Every year the parents give me a heads up for what the kids are into (or the party theme they requested) and off I go. In fact, delivering this card this morning, his sister asked where HER card was (her birthday's coming up in October). I love that they look forward to receiving them - and as a kid who could NEVER find my name on anything, I love being able to put nontraditional spellings on things. 

All that to say, I also include the age of each child on these cards, so it's easy to look back & remember when each card was for - and so enters this week's little red wagon challenge, Numbers Game:
Supplies: Pokemon clipart from web;
sentiment rub-on from Pebbles;
small letter stickers - Basic Grey;
large letter stickers - October Afternoon;
circle punches, standard circle Nesties;
Dimensional Magic - Mod Podge

I printed 2 copies of the Pikachu image so I could pop it up, and then used a toothpick
to apply the Dimensional Magic to the letters, number 6, and the facial features. 
I'm also throwing this in for Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes Challenge :)
xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Super fab card, kids just love to have things personalized and this is just so much FUN!

Debbie said...

Great personalized card!! I like the glossy accents!!

Dawn said...

I bet he loved this one! Great layout and colours, and the glossy bits really make those elements pop. Fantastic!

Hugs, Dawn

kingstonmama said...

Great birthday card for a boy. Fun colors. How special that they look forward to your cards each year. Lucky family. :) Ann

Dana said...

Fun card!! Perfect for kids!!

jimlynn said...

This is so fun and love the shine on that little guy! Precious card.
Lynn

Lindsey said...

Funny, I never found my name spelled right when I was growing up, either! What a perfect, personalized card. So cute!

yyam said...

Ooooh...super cute! I love the happy colours! *big smile*

walchowDesign said...

Not only kids looking forward to receiving their cards, adults too! Fun personalised card, Jessi!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jessi :-) the image is adorable and the whole design is fun and fab ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

You're right about personalized gifts...I could never find my name on anything! This card is perfect Jessi. The colors, the circle highlighting Pikachu and the glossy accents (brave girl). I'm sure he loved it :)

Melissa Craig said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the Pokemon image.

You have such a big heart.

Lisa Arana said...

Oh yeah! What a super fab card.

Jen W. said...

That's so cool that they each have their own personal Jessi Fogan collection of cards! Love the bold colours on this one.