Friday, September 7, 2012

Playing in Paradise #83 - The Rule of Thirds

Happy Friday! This week at the Playing in Paradise Challenge, Angela is teaching us about one of the major 'rules' of composition, the Rule of Thirds:
PPC83

As you know, I'm away on vacation the next couple of weeks, so my chat is minimal - hopefully you can see how I've implemented the rule of thirds!

Supplies: papers from Bo Bunny;
sentiment from Stampendous;
resin flower from May Arts;
Adirondack dye ink, Wild Plum;
Versamark, clear EP

Love the embossed shine! 
To emboss any colour ink, I first load up my stamp with a good coat of Versamark. (I have 2 pads - one for pure clear Versamark, and one for messy inking). Then, without stamping yet, I add the coloured ink, then stamp & sprinkle the embossing powder.  I use this technique with all my dye inks, and have for years, and have never noticed any issues with how the dye pads function (in case you're worried about getting Versamark on your other pads).

Our linky over at Scrapbooker's Paradise will be open until next Thursday, September 13th, and as always there's a great prize to win. We're always looking for new players - and let me tell you, there are GREAT odds of winning...but you have to play to win :)

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies have cooked up this week:

xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous Jessi! Hope you are having a wonderful vacation!

yyam said...

OOooh sooooo sweet! :)

Hope you are enjoying your break!

~amy~ said...

so very pretty! Hope you're having a FAB time!

jimlynn said...

Simply beautiful! Know this really shines too. Love it.
Hope you're having a good vacation.
Lynn

Debbie said...

Your card is beautiful!!!
Enjoy your time away!!!

Allison Rankin said...

What a pretty job...that flower is beautiful (and makes me wanna go shopping!). Have a good time on your vay-cay (even though I am sure it will be a lot of work, if it was like mine!). Cheers!

Sacha said...

Beautiful card. I love that resin flower - I have lots but I always struggle to use them. Thanks for inspiring me to start using them!

Annette Allen said...

very pretty thank you card...love it

walchowDesign said...

Pretty card and have fun on your holiday, Jessi!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty thank you card, wonderful colours. Enjoy your holidays :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Very pretty! Love the shiny details and the color combination! Very stylish!! I'm sorry I'm not around so much these days, but do know I do see and admire all you cards, Jessi! Enjoy the weekend!
Hugs, Wendy

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous! hope your trip is going well!

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous! I will have to try your embossing tip- mine never works out! Lovely card!

Emily Keaton said...

This is stunning, Jessi! These colors are just gorgeous, and I love how you incorporated that beautiful cabochon. I am soooooooooo drawn to little embellishments like that but often have no idea how to use them. Your idea for using it is brilliant! I hope you are enjoying your vacation!!!

Jen W. said...

Perfect embossing and I never thought to have two VersaMark pads but it's a darn good idea.

Hope you're having a fabulous time at the wedding and I'm sure you rocked your speech!

~Tammy~ said...

You are amazing! Love this my friend!

I hope you are having a wonderful wonderful time!

Unknown said...

gorgeous, sweetie, as always <3
Missing you especially today - decided today to get a bunch of stuff done and I managed to get my blog started here -- yay!

Unknown said...

my gosh this is stunning Jessi! i love that button and shimmery sentiment. great flow and beautiful design!