Friday, September 14, 2012

Playing in Paradise #84 - Colour Inspiration! - Sept 14

Happy Friday! Welcome back for another challenge from Playing in Paradise! This week our hostess is Merlie, and she'd like us to create something inspired by this colour story:

PPC84
I made two cards for this challenge - once I got started I really loved this combination.
Supplies: standard circle Nesties; lacy circle Nesties;
(crocheted by me);
stamps from Annabelle Stamps;
Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, and Antique Linen distress ink;
Palette Noir ink;
Pearl Shimmer Spray from Tattered Angels

sparkly!

Supplies: papers & tags from Kaisercraft "Madam Boutique;"
stick pins from little yellow bicycle;
lace from Hero Arts;
sentiment stamp from Annabelle Stamps;
Palette Noir ink;
peacock feather & button from stash

I took the picture before the glue dried...ignore that! This is for the close-up
of the cool vintage button, loops of lace, and pins!
 Our linky over at Scrapbooker's Paradise will be open until next Thursday, September 20th, and as always there's a great prize to win. We're always looking for new players - and let me tell you, there are GREAT odds of winning...but you have to play to win :)

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies have cooked up this week:
I'll be home before our next challenge - I can't wait to play along in "real" time :)
xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Holy Smokalicious! These are coooooolllllll! You know the first makes me giddy with the crochet doily! Hope you are having a fabulous time!

fairyrocks said...

Love the softness your crochet edge gives this card. Terrific on the peacock feather too.
Keep smiling and creating.

Cheryl said...

Girl, you must LIVE in your craft room. I've never seen anyone create so much, so fast! :) These cards are gorgeous. Love the circle stamp on the first one that is stamped off the edge of the cs and all that sparkle make me HAPPY! The peacock card is spectacular! That feather is awesome, as is the pretty button. And, if you hadn't mentioned the glue, I'd never have noticed! Have a great weekend!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are gorgeous...I love the feather and the added doily...so creative

JJ Bolton said...

Unreal! That first card is just so darn beautiful! I love everything about it Jessi! And how can you not love the peacock feather!

Hope you have a great weekend dearie!

CinnamonSally said...

These are gorgeous Jessi, and I love your crochet doily!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful cards Jessi, I agree I love this soft colours combination.

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous card Jessi. I really like the first one how you have it mounted on one of your crocheted mats and then you stamped that inner circle that replicates the crocheted mat. Clever girl.

yyam said...

Ooooh...these are so pretty! Love the cluster with the trim and feather...so elegant!

kingstonmama said...

I love the first card. Such a pretty flower image. Your crocheted mat is gorgeous and the sparkle is fab. :) ann

Lisa Arana said...

blue bells and peacocks... both are so lovely.

Dana said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I love the sparkle on the 1st and the wow love the feather!!

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely fantastic Jessi! How beautiful are those bluebells... they are so on my wish list!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful crochets on all the cards, Jessi! Looking forward to seeing you coming home to "blogland"!

Merlie said...

Love both of them!! I just had to post both...the crochet is just amazing (would never even think of doing it like that)Thanks for the idea.

Allison Rankin said...

Both have such unique elements...love the crocheted elements, the feather and that vintage button...cool!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Jessi!
I'm back from a short holiday and see I've been missing some really great cards with you!! You've been busy!! Especially this first one here, I love a loooot!! The knitted circle is perfect here and love the soft colors! A very original and beautiful card!
Wishing you a lovely Sunday!!
Hugs, Wendy

Unknown said...

gorgeous! that first card is stunning...beautiful. the second is so pretty, the layout, flow and colors are perfect.