Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shopping our Stash #70 - Fur or Feathers?

It's Tuesday, which means this is my second post for today!

Good morning again! Shopping our Stash has a great challenge this week - as usual! We want to see your creations using up some of your stash (natch!) and featuring something with fur or feathers! We're looking for critter pals, and definitely not insects :)

For all that I love my Abby-dog to death, I also love my cats....not for this particular activity, but this stamp is one I've owned for years that I don't think I'll ever be tired of:
Supplies: cat & sentiment stamps from Inkadinkado;
Palette Noir ink;
Sizzix label dies;
orange Fun Flock - Stampendous;
all papers from scrap stash!
As a funny aside, a couple of months ago there was a hairball...with 3 cats this is pretty much a weekly thing. I moaned about it, and Riley said he would clean it up for a penny. I gave him 65 cents, and he cheerfully (!) cleaned it up, and said I had pre-paid for 64 more hairballs. 

I am definitely taking him up on it. He has yet to complain about doing it!

Go check out what my SOS teamies have been up to for this challenge, and don't forget to leave them some love!

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

prepayment is always good:) cute story and card!

walchowDesign said...

Fun card, Jessi! Sounds like a good deal with the pre-payment!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, this is just TOOOOOO FUNNY and also totally adorable, which... i have to say... if you had asked me in advance, "would a card with a cat and a hairball be really totally UBER-cute and appealing" i'm embarrassed to say i might have lacked the vision to say, "oh YEAH! totally!!!" lol! i stand corrected, missus!!! ♥

Leslie Hanna said...

HAHAHA! I have this stamp, too. I should blow the dust off of it.

Love the hairball.

JJ Bolton said...

Love your googly-eyed cat! We just found out this weekend that Ryan is allergic to cats:(

Glad you found something to motivate Riley into cleaning the hairballs! Yick!

jimlynn said...

SOOOO adorable! Love the way you framed out this little guy and the papers! Precious.
Lynn

Dana said...

Oh i love this!! So cute and funny!! AAAAANNNNDDD i LOVE the orange flock!

Annette Allen said...

hehe what a cute little kitty...love those fun eyeballs...

Angela said...

Oh gosh...that hairball made me chuckle...too darn cute!

yyam said...

Sooooo cute! Love that you prepaid for 64 more hairball cleanups! ;)

Unknown said...

omg!!! i LOVE this!!! Rosie JUST finished hoarking up a hairball for me...ON the carpet no less! I love this Jessi. The fun patterns and layout...and bits of fluff...so cute!

Cheryl said...

I always get a good laugh when I read your posts! 64 pre-paid hairballs! :) Cute, cute card, too!

Jen W. said...

OMG! I must get this stamp! I'm sure I've said that before on your blog... Need more deets on it though because I can't find it on the Inkadinkadoo site.

lostinpaper said...

You've just reminded me that I've got this fun stamp and I need to get it out again. Love the gingham bg and the fun googly eyes!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so so adorable! I love it! So happy you are home safe and sound!

Linda said...

so sweet!! who doesn't love a cute orange kitty cat?!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Funny! What an amazing boy you have! This cat is so cute! Great card!
Blessings,
Michelle