Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shopping our Stash #69 - Embossing

This week at Shopping our Stash we're challenging you to use wet or dry embossing in your creations - I decided to use my trusty Cuttlebug & one of my favourite folders, and the last full piece of paper in a K&Co pad. After embossing, I used a sponge to rub distress ink over the raised sections to make them stand out more. I didn't want to cover up the embossing too much, since I love how it looks over the subtle paper pattern, so I pulled out a butterfly die & made a wobbler:
Supplies: butterfly & patterned paper from K&Co;
embossing folder from Cuttlebug;
Old Paper distress ink;
sentiment stickers from Doodlebug



If you don't have jewelry wire in your stash, check your ribbon stash - the wire I've used here is from the edge of a wired ribbon. 

Check out the Shopping our Stash blog to see the DT's cards, and find out more about them at our individual blogs:


17 comments:

paige said...

The sponging on the beautiful embossed background really makes the pattern pop. Genius way to pop up the butterfly!

~amy~ said...

aren't you clever?! Your card is simply magnificent.

Annette Allen said...

I agree with Amy...so clever...this is so pretty

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card and love how you have mounted the butterfly!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Jessi - Simple and beautiful card! Love the butterfly and the way it is attached. Great card this week. Obviously this wasn't a difficult challenge for you!
Blessings,
Michelle

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous! I have never tried one of these springy things but now I NEED to. Too cool!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful embossing folder and colors and I'm in total love with the way you did the butterfly! I'll have to try that now.
Lynn

Lindsey said...

Beauty of a card, Jessi! Very crafty, pulling out the wire from some ribbon!

yyam said...

Such a sweet card! Love that it's a wobbler....how fun! :)

walchowDesign said...

Love the idea of the moving butterfly, Jessi!

Cheryl said...

So pretty! Don't you just love being able to improvise and make your own tools and supplies sometimes! :)

Dana said...

Lovely card!! I love the height of the butterfly! It's great on that kind of background, really pops!!

lauren bergold said...

oh how i ♥LOVE♥ this awesome and GORGEOUS card!!! and i'm kicking myself all the more b/c OF COURSE i made this challenge waaaaaaaay harder than it was, as your stunning example more than proves one only needs: 1 perfect e/f, a cool stamp, and a sentiment for PERFECTION!!! ♥♥♥

lostinpaper said...

Oh, an action wobbler... I must try this myself (I had all good intentions when I bought some jewellery wire a few months ago but alas have not yet found the time) Thanks for the little push! ps love your card!

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Jessi! Yes, this is a real stunner! Love the simplicity AND beauty of it! The embossing is rich looking and the butterfly is SO perfect! SO inspiring!
Sandie

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely embossing and this spring usage must be the trend right now 'cause I'm seeing it a lot. Great technique.

Unknown said...

beautiful! i'll leave it at that...stunning