Saturday, December 21, 2013

Drunken Stampers #155 - Thing - Embossing!

*screams* Christmas is four days away! Time for a new Drunken Stampers challenge, and this week's "thing" is EMBOSSING.
155 embossing

You've got to be getting tired of seeing it, but I've made another card with my faux Faux Patina background: 


Supplies: digi stamps from The Alley Way Stamps; classic small circle Nesties; liquid pearls; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Paper Smooches twine; heaven only knows what inks, etc.


I wasn't ACTUALLY drunk when I made this, but the background was made long before the card, so I have no recollection of what inks & mists I used. I'm thinking yellow, green, and blue. lol

Should you get time to create during this hectic week, come play with us up until next Friday night, December 27th. And don't forget to go see what my fellow Yellow Canaries have created for you:


Donna - Challenge Host - Yellow Dog Greetings
Jessi - that's me!
Lindsey - Bashful Blogging

Back to running around like a crazy person!
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome job. love the background and the ornaments are fab. I'm finishing today my stuff today. scarey haven't left it this close in years.

~amy~ said...

Oh this is gorgeous...that patina technique is gorgeous! I'm linking up to the embossing challenge tomorrow!!!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! This is one of my favorites that you made with that technique! Love it!

Darnell said...

You crack me up, Jessipants! I agree with you on what colors you used and they happen to be my favorites! This tissue-paper-in-the-gift box card is well worthy of you breaking your own arms patting yourself on the back!!

I'm sorry I haven't been around as often as I like during this flippin flipout time of the year! I've just scrolled my way through the posts I've missed and enjoyed the time tremensely! Your cards are always wonderful, from classy and elegant to hysterically funny, and always well executed!

I wish you and your family the happiest of holidays! Thank you for your online friendship and support this year!! Holly Hugs! Darnell

Lindsey said...

Nope, not tired of this technique yet. ;) I love how the white sentiment circle pops against the patina'd background. And the ornaments are rather awesome, too!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Jessi. I have this on my "things to try in the new year" list...I will be texting / emailing for technical support LOL

jimlynn said...

Loving those blue ornaments!!! So pretty with the background.
Lynn

Greta said...

Love this card, Jessi--no way am I tired of seeing that background!

Debbie said...

Ah, yes!! Beautiful embossing!! Nothing makes a card more perfect!! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful blue and green combo! Oh, is it a prerequisite to play with this Drunken Stampers challenge to *be* drunk when you make your creation? 'Cuz I don't make good stuff when I drink and craft! LOL Things look extra crooked!

Merry Christmas, my friend, and may your new year be filled with wonderful things. :)

~Tammy~ said...

So so pretty! I love the whimsical sentiment!