Thursday, December 19, 2013

Something New at the Kraft Journal

So you just saw me use this angel...well, she wanted to play again. Can you blame her? At The Kraft Journal they want to see us use/try something new, and so I put my thinking cap on. The layout's not new, and neither is the stamp...hmmm...


Supplies: stamp from Inkadinkado; Versamark; Pirate Gold EP; patterned paper from Bo Bunny; Kraft card stock; glitter paint; Shabby White Frantage EP; Tattered Angels Gold glimmer mist; Tonic edge distresser; paint brush; background 'splatter' stamp from Unity; ribbon from stash

I wanted to use Frantage powder, but I find when I stamp with Versamark not many of the enamel chunks stick. So I used glitter glue to stamp the splatters, and the end of my paint brush to stamp the dots (this is on the kraft paper) - the result was super thick Frantage! Yay! I used the paint brush to add some Frantage to the music paper too, but this is very hard to see even in person. After embossing, I saturated the card stock with Gold glimmer mist, and let it dry overnight. I then distressed the edges with a tool, and rolled the paper in every direction to further distress it - since it's card stock you can see some folds & bends. I used foam tape to adhere the kraft to the white base, and more foam tape to adhere the music panel - this card is THICK and loving it :)

xoxo,
Jessi



12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow love this.. that gold angel is gorgeous.. i love it

jimlynn said...

This one - and the previous post - are stunning!!! Loving that beautiful angel and love the idea about the substitute frantage!!! Beautiful card.
Lynn

Chris Dring said...

The layers! The textures! What a fantabulous card Jessi! Love it!

Kristi said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the angel stamp and all of the colors and textures here. Very cool! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal! Happy Holidays!♥

Debbie said...

Wow! All the different textures on this is so cool! Beautiful card!!

lostinpaper said...

those paint splatter dots are fab Jessi!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, the gold angel is beautiful and the sketch is perfect. I'm going to have to google what Frantage is so I know what you are talking about. I don't even have glimmer mist, I look but haven't a clue which to start with.

Dana said...

Gorgeous! And so elegant! I love it, the background is awesome!!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is gorgeous love the music background with gold angel . So pretty.

Lindsey said...

And another wow of a card! Absolutely awesome.

~Tammy~ said...

This is beautiful Jessi! I love that Angel image and what a fun and cool technique. Thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal!~ Yay~

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, Jessi!