Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketches #227 - Stamp Fairy!

Good morning! Before I get to my Tuesday Morning Sketches post, I've got to tell you - I am so far behind on commenting that I am going to scrub my bloglovin feed & start fresh. I've been behind for weeks, and then on Friday our computer monitor died....we've got a new one, but that feed has snowballed out of control. And it's December. I can't handle one more thing to feel behind about!

Now onto the fun stuff :) Stamp Fairy is our sponsor this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches, and I chose this adorable tangled Santa to work with! Check it out:


Supplies: Santa image from Stamp Fairy; patterned paper scraps; Bic & Spectrum Noir markers; Stampendous Fun Flock; Liquid Applique; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; Tumbled Glass distress ink; classic small & lacy circles; crochet mat


When using so many different textured products, it's really important to consider how they will interact - Dimensional Magic does NOT like to be heated (it cracks). And Fun Flock will stick to anything wet. So after colouring this adorable little Santa, I added the Liquid Applique snow, let it dry, and heated it. Then I added the DM to the lightbulbs, and let it dry overnight. Finally, I added the Fun Flock to his hat & jacket cuffs. 

Here's the fabulous sketch (I love how it looks like a present!)



This sketch is open until next Sunday, December 8th - be sure to hop around & see what the rest of the team created!



xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

Beverley said...

LOL! This is a fun & festive card :) Hugs Bev x

Annette Allen said...

aww i love when you use your crocheted mats.. this card is adorable and oh so perfect..

Grandma Bonnie said...

Oh, i love the red..what a great idea..i forgot to use one of my crocheted circles! Cute, cute!

jimlynn said...

Another beautiful crochet mat and a cute, cute, cute card!!!! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Dana said...

adorable!!! I love it and your use of glossy accents!! Everytime i see you used i tell myself i going to use it but then i forget!!!

Andrea W said...

Your crochet mat accents Santa Clause perfectly. I love the glossy accents on the lights. Fantastic Christmas card!

Lindsey said...

So very patient of you to space out all those different products so they all worked. :P Worth it, since this is such a fun card!

Debbie said...

Ooh! I love the shiny light bulbs!! What a fun card!! Your mat is gorgeous!

walchowDesign said...

Love it when you use your crocheted mat,Jessi!

Chris Dring said...

Holy moly! This is the cutest Santa image! Love your coloring and all the different products you used to make this such an awesome card Jessi! You Rock!

~Tammy~ said...

Beep Beep back that truck up!!!! I am all OVER that red crochet doily! You know that would have this girl's mouth watering and how flippin' cute is that image?!?!? Like totally! (who says totally anymore?)

As far as bloglovin feeds. I gave up a long time ago, and those that are near and dear to me just get slammed with comments at once on my catch up time! :-) Like NOW for example! :-))))

Donna said...

How perfect is your crochet mat on this card!!! Awesome possum!!! Love that Santa image as well...you're a crafty rockstar!!

Kris B said...

Wonderful card Jessi! Love your crochet circle and all the great accents you added! The Liquid Applique "snow" looks great and your Christmas lights really shine with the DM!

Darnell said...

Sensational!! What a great way to use your crocheted mat, Jessi! I love the glossy lights!! Hugs, Darnell

Melissa Craig said...

What a process to complete the card but the results are worth it! Thanks for the tip on the different mediums. I just got a new bottle of DM so I'm excited to start using that again. Your bulbs look so real with the use of the DM. Fabulous card and I love that you used one of your mats, too.