Sunday, December 22, 2013

Warm & Fuzzy Wishes

As soon as I saw the CASology prompt KNIT, I knew I wanted to break out this sheep again. Since Melissa used it also for her card, I thought & thought about how I could change it up a bit...so I went with masking. I really like how it turned out! I also went with non-traditional Christmas colours to play along with little red wagon - it's been ages & I missed it!


Supplies: stamps from The Cat's Pajamas; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Bic & spectrum noir markers; WPlus9 banner die; Tumbled Glass & Picket Fence distress stickles; Stampendous Fun Flock; buttons from stash


See all the sparkle on the background? WELL. That came about by being a messy crafter. I painted the stickles onto the snow hill, and then I touched it while it was still wet (naturally) and accidentally transferred some glitter up near the purple scarf. WAY too far up to be part of the snow hill. Dang. So first I cursed at it, and then I realized "hey, it's still wet..." and repeatedly dabbed my finger in it & made more fingerprints over the rest of the background. Hallelujah, new background technique saves the day! 

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

LOL!! You can call it the "fingerprint technique"!!! Too cute!!
Love those little guys in their scarves and all the shimmer!
Lynn

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi hi, this one is just perfect, Jessi!! Love the fun image, the details you added and the combination of the image and sentiment! Makes me laugh!!
Hugs, Wendy

Greta said...

Fabulous save--how often I've put my finger into wet Stickles! Next time I'll use your technique, Jessi!

Ardyth said...

Sweet images, wonderful colours! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, gotta love those sheep. Don't you just hate when you work so hard and then the challenge is closed. happens a lot to me. procrastinator is my middle name.

Judy1223 said...

Oh, MY, what a fun card! Love all that sparkle! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Melissa said...

LOL...this is one great technique and I may just have to borrow it sometime! I think we've all had "those" moments as crafters and you pulled this off wonderfully! :)
Those sheep are some of my favorite images!!! Love the masking you did with them...way too cute!
Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on your new technique invention. ;) Nice job on the masking, too -- what a fun card!

lostinpaper said...

Nice save on this fun card Jessi, love the idea of sheep on a winter card!

Joanne said...

Your card is totally adorable! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Chris Dring said...

Super cute card Jessi! Excellent masking (I somehow always manage to leave a noticeable gap). And look at you, creating a new technique! You go girl!

Debbie said...

This is sooo cute!!
It's great when our little boo-boo's turn into something great like this!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Awwww! Love these masked sheep, and the accompanying sentiment. It's so cute!

~Tammy~ said...

The image and sentiment is so cute! Love it girl! Love the pastel colored scarves!