Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thank You, Jingle Belles!

*whew* about 2.5 hours to spare before I miss the LAST jingle belles prompt of 2013! My crafty (and only) resolution for 2013 was to participate in all the jingle belles challenges - and ta-da! I made it :) WOOT!


Supplies: Paper Smooches snowman & sentiments; HOTP snowflakes; Distress Stickles - picket fence; Distress ink - Tumbled Glass & Spun Sugar; Bic & Spectrum Noir markers; Memento Gray Flannel ink; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; rhinestones from Dollarama



I do love me some sparkly stuff - part of the sentiment is traced with glitter pen, and each snowflake is dotted with Stickles. To create the snow hills, I first ripped the card stock, then used a sponge to add the blue shading. I then painted a swath of sparkly with Distress stickles & a paintbrush (that I use only for glitter glue...I'm not too finicky about washing them out promptly, lol)

Thanks so much, Stephanie & Lauren, for keeping me in the Christmas spirit all year! MWAH!

Since I've used mainly Paper Smooches stamps, I'm also throwing this in for the Anything Goes challenge at SPARKS this week!

xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Aww this is sweet! I love the soft color and all the SPARKLE!!

jimlynn said...

Adorable with a capital A!! Cute little snowman and love all the sparkle.
Lynn

Lindsey said...

I do like this in pastel colours! And the sparkle is absolutely necessary, I think. :)

Stacy said...

Cute card! The snowdrifts are done quite well and I love the glitter too!

SmilynStef said...

Love that snowman ... and of course the glittery sparkle ... so glad you joined us in 2014 and shared your gratitude at jingle belles.

~Tammy~ said...

This is one of my favorite sets and I loved how you used it here! This is so so adorable. I love those pastel colors too of course~ :-)

lostinpaper said...

Well done you, can't believe you made all the challenges, i always have the best intentions... Cute card too!

Greta said...

So cute, Jessi--love the sparkle!

lauren bergold said...

i love me some sparkly stuffs, too! especially when they are in YOUR capable hands and you do something like *this* with them! awesome thank you card, missus!

btw, it is *WE* who should be thanking you for coming along all year and makin' AWESOME xmassy things that thrill and inspire us! (& WAHEY you DID IT... the whole entire YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!) <3 <3 <3

walchowDesign said...

Lovely pastel christmas card, Jessi!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! Sparkly deliciousness!Definitely needed when making Christmas cards! Beautiful card Jessi!

Donna said...

Fantastic!!! I love all the glittery sparkly lovliness!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, love the sparkly bits,

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a festive, sparkly card! You've created such a sweet winter scene. Thanks so much for playing at Paper Smooches Spark challenge this week!

Dana said...

So cute and sparkly!! Congrats on making it the whole year!! I'm thinking about having a crafty resolution.....no more craft supplies (stamps, embellishments, ribbon etc.) Only things i can buy is cardstock and adhesive.... i have enough stuff, i really don;t 'need' anything else....i haven't decided yet, but you are inspiring me to do it since you made it the year with your resolution!!! :)

Erin said...

What a lovely snow scene you created! And I love the glitter and bling!

Thanks for joining us this week for the Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes challenge!