Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Simple Valentine

Hey, for once I'm entering Vicki's Flashback challenge before the last minute! Woot! I kept several challenges in mind while creating this card. The Kraft Journal is celebrating Valentine's Day, and at Little Red Wagon they're playing Peek a Boo.

Everything on this card has been in my stash for at least a year - the rose button is probably closer to 6 or 7 years, as is the embossing folder. The Studio G sentiment has got to be 3 or 4 years old, and this is the only time I've used it this year, even though I absolutely love the font.


Supplies: kraft card stock; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; Studio G sentiment; Brushed Corduroy distress ink; Labels 5 Nesties; Paper Smooches kraft twine; Bow Easy; rose button from Dress it Up

I embossed the card stock and then die-cut the label. I used foam tape to adhere it to the card base for some dimension - which also made it easier to attach the rose button, since despite my 20 minutes of sawing away at it I was unable to remove the shank backing. (grumble)

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Babette said...

Great job, what a perfect Valentine using Kraft Papers! Thanks for playing along at the Kraft Journal.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very cute. Love the embossing!! Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful sentiment stamp and love your card Jessi! Loving that button and twine too.
Lynn

lostinpaper said...

Ooh lala, very posh this one!

Carol L said...

I just LOVE this Valentine! The design is fantastic, the fonts are dreamy, and the whole card just rocks!! Well done!

Lindsey said...

Ooh, simple but definitely elegant!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my WORD! Sooo gorgeous and elegant!! I really love using that twine and you've done such a gorgeous job with it on your design here!! LOVE IT!! :) Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Dana said...

Stunning!! I love the clean lines, so elegant! And the flower in the twine center is the perfect touch!!

Greta said...

Elegant & beautiful--love the rose & everything!