Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cutie Patootie!

Ohhh I am excited with how this card turned out! I have really been having a great time just playing around lately. I was inspired by the current Kraft Journal challenge, and once I'd grabbed my tag and doily (knowing I'd add twine as my third option) I just had fun with it. I wanted to create a vintage-y feeling baby card that would work for either gender (as well as the Open-Minded Crafting Fun no pink/no red challenge!)


Supplies: Crafty Secrets vintage photo clip; kraft tag; Paper Smooches kraft twine; Doodlebug patterned papers; PTI sentiments; Brushed Corduroy distress ink; Versamark and clear EP; buttons from Dress it Up; doily and lace from stash




I was working on baby cards this week, and these papers are from a Doodlebug pad that is primarily boy-ish. Lots of scraps and odd sizes left, so I just chose a few and fiddled around until I was happy with the layout. The doily is wrapped around the side of the tag - somehow creating a cleaner look than trimming the doily. All the edges are distressed. The tag has a smidge of lace and kraft twine tied to hold it in place. 
I usually find that maybe every few months I get a card that I say to myself SELF you rock. Lately it's been happening every couple days - which keeps me making more & more! 

Here's the challenge board for The Kraft Journal: (I used Doily, Tag, Twine, and Top Fold)


And the link for Open-Minded Crafting Fun:



xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love this card, you should be pleased with it as it is gorgeous.

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful design Jessi!! Love the Vintage image and style here!

walchowDesign said...

You sure ROCK, Jessie! The white doily looks so pretty together with all the kraft!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Jessi, I love the layers and this vintage image is fabulous.

jimlynn said...

You definitely rock on this one for sure Jessi! Whoa!!! It's gorgeous. Love the papers you used and the angles of placement. The while doily just sets the whole thing off. Fantastic!!!

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is one gorgeous card! I love the random layering and the monochrome, vintage look.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a beauty!

fairyrocks said...

Look at you with the shabby. Rocking my world. Gorgeous

~Tammy~ said...

Um, LOVE this!!!! You had me at the darling vintage image! I love it when I see your work at TKJ gallery! :-)

Marsha said...

What a fun, creative card. I'm just coming out of a creating slump (or should I say a non-creative slump) and I agree it is so uplifting to make some cards that you, yourself love. Thank you so much for entering this lovely card in the Kraft Journal Challenge. Hope to see you each week.

Dana said...

Oh my this is stunning!! I LOVE the layers with the tag! Awesome little image and the sentiments are perfect!! Love the doily too!!!

Rebecca Wong said...

oh... this is fabulous piece of art work, thanks for joining us @ Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, good luck to you!
Rebecca, DT

Carol L said...

What a fantastic creation! The corrugated panel, folded doily and vintage image all look wonderful together and the distressing adds so much oomph to this wonderful card!!

Becca Cruger said...

LOVE! Love all the layers, the distressing, that amazing vintage image - just GORG!!!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my gosh - I love love LOVE this! The layers are fantastic and that image is fabulous!

Lynne said...

What a cute card!!!! Most definitely a "cutie patootie"!!!! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Open Minded Crafting Fun DT

Unknown said...

This really screams CUTE! I love the distressing and brown on white. The layout also works really well. Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT